· Tells Edo electorate what Obaseki will offer in second term
By Ifeoma Ikem
The Senior Special Assistant on Media to Edo State Deputy Governor, Mr. Ben Atu, on Friday outlined the plans by which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Governor Godwin Obaseki would affect Edo State in his second term.
‘’Governor Godwin Obaseki and Comrade Phillip Shaibu will consolidate and improve on the first term achievements in all the sectors. They will adopt pragmatic result oriented approach to address the enormous task of meeting and rendering satisfactory service to the teeming population of Edo State’’
He also reeled out the list of the achievements of the administration.
‘’Governor Godwin Obaseki redefined the priorities of Edo State. He made infrastructure to reach the remotest corners of the state. He revitalized the civil service, constructed lots of roads, revolutionalised education and took health care delivery to the door steps of the people and electrification to almost all villages in the state. The health and agricultural sectors were not left out’’
In a statement in Benin, Atu emphasized the supremacy of people’s power in Edo State.
‘’Let us not deceive ourselves. Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu are no threat to Obaseki and Phillip Shaibu. Governor Godwin Obaseki is the most popular and preferred candidate. The PDP governorship candidate has proven to be a man with a difference. He has proven that prudent use of resources coupled with political will is the missing link between people and development’’
Atu stressed on Obaseki’s purposeful leadership and the overwhelming presence of development projects in the state.
He also praised the good people of Edo State for rejecting Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and his running mate, Hon Gani Audu.
‘’Godwin Obaseki and Phillip Shaibu in 43 months made things to work in Edo State. They created comfort, redesigned the people’s lives to become better and built bridges across gulfs that divide us. They will make life more abundant for us all’’ he said.
The media aide urged the voters in Edo State to give Obaseki and Shaibu the opportunity as they did in 2016
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: Anticipatory action for COVID-19: building the systems that protect livelihoods throughout a pandemic August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (6 august 2020) August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 Update (6 August 2020) August 6, 2020
- Ecobank Group announces the 2020 Fintech Challenge Finalists August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (5th August 2020) August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ghana: 567 new cases were reported on August 3, 2020 August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Update 5th August 2020 August 6, 2020
- SA Rugby welcomes news on resumption of playing August 6, 2020
- Climate financing by leading multilateral development banks tops $61.6 billion August 6, 2020
- WHO ramps up COVID-19 support to hotspot countries in Africa August 6, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries