The Ogun State Government has cancelled the monthly sanitation exercise in the State. The Government said it has also lifted restriction of movement order.
This, the State Government said would enable secondary school students across the state to take part in the on-going National Examination Council (NECO) examinations.
In a statement by Kunle Somorin, chief press secretary to the State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun while giving the approval said the decision was arrived at after reviewing the challenges that the restriction of movement order would have on the Mathematics paper in the NECO exams schedule for Saturday and which coincides with the timing of the monthly sanitation exercise.
“It has become expedient that the interest of the students be considered. Mathematics is a general subject and we need to facilitate hitch-free preparation and movement of students, teachers and NECO officials and examiners to various centres where the exams would hold within and outside the state”, the statement said.
Gov Abiodun, however, implored all citizens to ensure that the cleaning exercise is observed at their various houses, irrespective of the non-restriction of movement during the period of the exercise.
He further noted that it was imperative that all drainage channels be kept free of silts and refuse to avoid flooding of homes that could lead to the destruction of lives and properties.
“Cleaning should not be one-month affair. We need to take care of our personal hygiene and clean our environment regularly and on a daily basis to avoid outbreak of cholera and other preventable and communicable diseases that could lead to epidemics,” the statement further said.
The Governor mentioned that the Ministry of Environment and the Ogun State Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA) have been mandated to go round and collect refuse generated during period of the exercise, while Environmental Health Officers have also been directed to ensure compliance with Public health regulations and bring offenders to book.
Chief Press Secretary
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries