The Ogun State Government has cancelled the monthly sanitation exercise in the State. The Government said it has also lifted restriction of movement order.
This, the State Government said would enable secondary school students across the state to take part in the on-going National Examination Council (NECO) examinations.
In a statement by Kunle Somorin, chief press secretary to the State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun while giving the approval said the decision was arrived at after reviewing the challenges that the restriction of movement order would have on the Mathematics paper in the NECO exams schedule for Saturday and which coincides with the timing of the monthly sanitation exercise.
“It has become expedient that the interest of the students be considered. Mathematics is a general subject and we need to facilitate hitch-free preparation and movement of students, teachers and NECO officials and examiners to various centres where the exams would hold within and outside the state”, the statement said.
Gov Abiodun, however, implored all citizens to ensure that the cleaning exercise is observed at their various houses, irrespective of the non-restriction of movement during the period of the exercise.
He further noted that it was imperative that all drainage channels be kept free of silts and refuse to avoid flooding of homes that could lead to the destruction of lives and properties.
“Cleaning should not be one-month affair. We need to take care of our personal hygiene and clean our environment regularly and on a daily basis to avoid outbreak of cholera and other preventable and communicable diseases that could lead to epidemics,” the statement further said.
The Governor mentioned that the Ministry of Environment and the Ogun State Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA) have been mandated to go round and collect refuse generated during period of the exercise, while Environmental Health Officers have also been directed to ensure compliance with Public health regulations and bring offenders to book.
Chief Press Secretary
Cover Of The Week
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
- New Cooperation Agreement among East, Horn of Africa States address Overseas Worker Exploitation January 24, 2020
- Polio - Free Certification - The Africa Regional Certification Commission starts a verification exercise in South Sudan January 24, 2020
- Blitzboks keen to get on with things in Hamilton January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria