Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has expressed great sorrow over the death of former Deputy Governor of the State, Alhaji Abdul Rafiu Ogunleye.
Prince Abiodun in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Kunle Somorin, described Alhaji Ogunleye as an astute administrator and a politician per excellent who contributed immensely to the socio-economic and political development of Ogun State.
The Governor attributed the development currently being enjoyed by the people to the efforts of people like the deceased, who worked tiredlessly to ensure that the State attain its current status.
He said he had hoped that the former Deputy Governor would live longer so that his administration would continue to tap from his wealth of experience for the benefit of the people of the State.
Governor Abiodun urged the family to take consolation in the fact that Alhaji Ogunleye lived an impactful life that benefitted thousands of people, praying Almighty Allah to give them the fortitude to bear the loss and grant him repose in Aljanna Firdaus.
Alh Abdul Rafiu Ogunleye was deputy governor during the administration of Chief Olusegun Osoba. He died early this morning at his home town, Itele, Ijebu, at the age of 79.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 13 July 2020 July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 595 new cases of COVID-19 Nigeria July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (12th July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: NiCaDe activities to support COVID-19 response in Nigeria July 13, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Launches Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures in Green Energy Startup Incubator – Call for Applications Announced July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update for South Africa (12 July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Induction of Rapid Response Vehicles for COVID-19 response in Kenya July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Sudan: UNMISS donates COVID-19 personal protection equipment to South Sudanese police July 13, 2020
- International Labour Organization (ILO) Global Summit builds commitment to create better world of work after COVID-19 July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 13 July 2020 July 13, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized4 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education1 month ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries