The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, Monday, visited communities in Abeokuta which were ravaged by flooding during the torrential rains that fell in the State Capital on Saturday.
The communities include: Isale Oja, in Kuto; Ijeun-Titun, and Ekundayo Street, Abeokuta.
The Governor expressed deep emotions, as he viewed the extent of the damage that the flood had caused to houses and business structures.
According to him, he had sent 5 Commissioners to the scenes and assess the extent of the damage caused by the floods, immediately he got wind of the development.
Governor Abiodun pleaded with leaders of the communities and markets to give the State Government a little time to gather details of affected persons and businesses for them to get the needed assistance.
Concerned Commissioners have been directed by the Governor to commence palliative works in the places, pending when a permanent solution would be put in place.
Governor Abiodun strongly advised residents to stop disposing waste on waterways, to allow Government’s intervention go a long way and remain permanent.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), WHO and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) statement on access to internationally controlled medicines during COVID-19 pandemic August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: Millions ‘on the edge’ in DR Congo, now in even greater danger of tipping over - World Food Programme (WFP) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 1,200 missing migrants recorded thus far in 2020 may well undercount totals since COVID-19 outbreak August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: Stranded Sierra Leoneans return amid COVID-19 pandemic, part of 2,800 returns along Humanitarian Corridors in West, Central Africa August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Humanitarian needs hit record high, UN calls for urgent support August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Stop the use of deadly force on protesters August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of Congo: With conflict and COVID-19 deepening hunger in the Democratic Republic of Congo, more help is needed to save millions of lives August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (14th August 2020) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 14 August 2020, 6 pm EAT August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 2 in 5 schools around the world lacked basic handwashing facilities prior to COVID-19 pandemic — UNICEF, WHO August 14, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour