The Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has commended the efforts of fish farmers in the state for doing the state proud, noting that their efforts at making the state the toast of other states had made the sector a model to others not only in the country, but in the continent.
Prince Abiodun who made this known at the Cinema Hall, June 12 Cultural Center, venue of an interactive session he had with farmers, said that the state government would give the fish farmers all the support they would require.
” I must first commend those of us that are in the fishery sector for having done us so proud, because everywhere I have gone, they have talked about fishery in the state, to the point where it has now become a model that is being replicated in other parts of the continent.
” I want to give you an undertaking that these administration will give you the fullest support,” he said
He also disclosed that his administration was placing a lot of premium on rural and urban roads, saying that wherever a road passes through a farm, his administration would make such road its priority.
“Let me tell you something today, as we prioritize these roads, if a road goes through a farm land or agricultural produce area, that road instantly becomes our priority, because we must be able to ensure that you can conveniently move your produce from farm to town,” he said.
The governor who also opined that his administration was determined to make the state the food basket of the nation, added that the determination to take the state back to being the food basket of the nation had started yielding fruits as a team would be arriving the state on Sunday from Ivory Coast.
Abiodun noted that the expected arrival of the team was in furtherance of series of discussions they’ve being having with them on how best they could help the state actualize its dream.
” I have sat down and met with different multi lateral and partner agencies that are willing to give us the support, they are so resolute, they are so committed to supporting us.
” As a matter of fact, the first team from Ivory Coast will be arriving on Sunday and they will be here for three days, these is in furtherance of the discussions we have being having with them over how and where they can give us support,” he said.
Abiodun who also disclosed that the team which was set to invest in three Agro processing zones of the country, had picked the state as one of the three beneficiaries, adding that an American company based in Malaysia with a factory in the state and South Africa was ready to provide seedlings and also provide offtake services to Maize farmers in the state.
In her remark, the permanent secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Mrs. Abosede Ogunleye acknowledged the state governor for having a vision that would make the state the first in terms of agriculture, adding that the support the governor was willing to give to farmers in the state would definitely make the state the food basket of the nation.
In his remark, the Chairman, All Farmers Association of Nigeria, Prince Segun Dasaolu appealed to the governor to look into the rehabilitation of the training hall at OGADEP, which he said was in a state of disrepair, adding that the government should fully tap into various funds available, by paying all counterpart funds.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS