The Labour Party (LP), again lost its bid to seek cancellation of the March 9 gubernatorial election in Ogun State on Saturday.
The Tribunal led by Justice Yusuf Halidu dismissed the matter while delivering verdict on Petition No EPT/OG/GOV/03/2019 BTW MRS MODUPE SANYAOLU LABOUR PARTY VS DAPO ABIODUN, APC & INEC.
According to the Tribunal the case stands dismissed on the ground that the tribunal had dismissed the Petition pursuant to the provisions of paragraph 46(3) of the Schedule to the Electoral Act, 2010 as amended.
The petitioners had failed to attend the hearing of the Petition initially filed.
Justice Halilu then ruled that it lacked jurisdiction to reverse itself by re-listing the Petition.
According to Wale Habeeb Ajayi, counsel to Governor Dapo Abiodun, “the Petition was dead on arrival. The labour party which did not submit the details of the Deputy Governorship candidate to INEC failed to raise any complaint before the election and failed to sue INEC before election now brought a pre election matter before the tribunal.
They also failed to appear at the tribunal on the date fixed for hearing of the frivolous petition on unfounded excuses. The tribunal has done the needful by dismissing the Petition in the first instance. Consequently, the application to relist lacks merits and tribunal rightly refused same.”
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ogun State
Veteran Actress, Salome Eketunde In Tears
Festus Keyamo Empowers 1,700 Deltan Youths, Women In Uvwie Kingdom
Association of local government Vice Chairmen in Nigeria honours Sanwoolu, Simon Bakau, Kemi Nelson, Jimi Benson, Aregbesola, Yari Abubakar, Bako Lalung, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, others
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Cover Of The Week
- Highest ranking U.S. official on energy visits Southern Africa November 14, 2019
- On South Sudan’s failure to form a Unity Government by November 12 November 14, 2019
- Total builds on Brulpadda success to herald new era for South Africa November 14, 2019
- Diabetes is a Family Affair in Kenya November 13, 2019
- Commitment to a “Zero-Child Army” Trumps Differences During Juba Conference November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Mozambique November 13, 2019
- In Tombura, UNMISS Works With Faith Groups to Foster Peaceful Coexistence November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Lesotho November 13, 2019
- Southern Africa’s Top Entrepreneurs Announced in Johannesburg, South Africa November 13, 2019
- African Energy Chamber Takes Part in High-Level Debate on the Future of the Global Oil & Gas Industry at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) November 13, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today