Over 25,000 unemployed persons have registered with the Ogun State Government Job Portal opened last Thursday.
Already, the State Government has started analysing the profiles and would very in a couple of weeks start matching those on the database and linking them with prospective employers.
“A whopping 24,815 had registered as at this afternoon”, Mr Mr Lekan Olude, Special Adviser to Governor Dapo, said on Monday.
He noted that following calls by a cross section of the state that the jobs portal was malfunctioning, the Governor ordered that all glitches be cleared.
“I can confirm to you that the portal works seamlessly now and in spite of the pressure and number of applicants, registration goes on on a minute-by-minute basis.”
“The diversity of applications received is also overwhelming. They cut across careers, ages and ethnic backgrounds. People have applied from all over the country and beyond,” Olude added.
He said that the state governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun is a man of vision, who would not settle for anything less than quality, adding that the governor decided to officially launch the portal alongside the Vice President because of the premium placed on youth employment and human capital development.
Mr. Olude enjoined those who had issues registering earlier to go back online and complete their applications. He added that “artisans and craftsmen and women should also know that we expect them to also register as we are planning tons of programmes for their empowerment”.
Olude, a co-founder of Jobberman, Africa’ urged those who are complaining about the site to be patient, and follow the same process which helped the over 25,000 that had registered, saying that government had placed the management of the portal in the hands of very competent professionals who are worthy partners in the building our future together agenda.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship