Over 25,000 unemployed persons have registered with the Ogun State Government Job Portal opened last Thursday.
Already, the State Government has started analysing the profiles and would very in a couple of weeks start matching those on the database and linking them with prospective employers.
“A whopping 24,815 had registered as at this afternoon”, Mr Mr Lekan Olude, Special Adviser to Governor Dapo, said on Monday.
He noted that following calls by a cross section of the state that the jobs portal was malfunctioning, the Governor ordered that all glitches be cleared.
“I can confirm to you that the portal works seamlessly now and in spite of the pressure and number of applicants, registration goes on on a minute-by-minute basis.”
“The diversity of applications received is also overwhelming. They cut across careers, ages and ethnic backgrounds. People have applied from all over the country and beyond,” Olude added.
He said that the state governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun is a man of vision, who would not settle for anything less than quality, adding that the governor decided to officially launch the portal alongside the Vice President because of the premium placed on youth employment and human capital development.
Mr. Olude enjoined those who had issues registering earlier to go back online and complete their applications. He added that “artisans and craftsmen and women should also know that we expect them to also register as we are planning tons of programmes for their empowerment”.
Olude, a co-founder of Jobberman, Africa’ urged those who are complaining about the site to be patient, and follow the same process which helped the over 25,000 that had registered, saying that government had placed the management of the portal in the hands of very competent professionals who are worthy partners in the building our future together agenda.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS