Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun thumbed his chest Tuesday that his government Public Private Partnership initiative is already yielding results as large number of investors have started trooping to State to explore business opportunities.
The State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, made this assertion when he received in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, the Chief Executive Officers of S&W and Sigma Limited who paid him a courtesy call.
The team had Mafia Charles and Adeshina Olaitan for Zigma Limited, while S&W Corporation, had Orji Orlo Imoh and it’s president, Jung Woo Jin and has partnered with companies like Daewoo and Samsung in the past.
The Governor, said the Public Private Partnership was initiated by his administration, to enable corporate entities and government, explore the numerous potentials that abound in for the benefit of the people.
Governor Abiodun said with its vantage location, closeness to air and sea ports as well as large market, the State provides the best options for Investors to choose from when planning to site their business in the country.
“Ogun State occupies strategic location in our country. It has the largest concentration of industries and it is closer to air, sea ports and market. We also share borders with four states and we are the Gateway to the West Africa sub-region”
“We have land and a young population. We launched our job portal just some few days ago and more than 25,000 people have so far register. This shows that there is more than enough labour ready to work”, he said.
He said his administration was determined to increase the rating of Doing Business in the State, has a one stop shop was on ground to speed up the process of establishing business in the State. He added that the state government was on the verge of making the process of investing in the state easy through its Ogun Invest Bill,which he was optimistic would soon be passed by the State House of Assembly..
Prince Abiodun while appreciating the investors for indicating interest in the State assured that security and infrastructure would continue to receive due attention.
Speaking earlier, the team leader, Mrs. Funmi Ogbue, from Sigma Limited, appealed to the Federal government to discourage importation of automobile nuts and bolts to save local industries. Her company, she said has international certification and collaboration with major companies around the world, would invest the sum of $15 million in Ogun State to provide services in industrial construction, oil and gas and the production of automobile bolts and nuts for the Nigerian market.
She said they were in the State to look at the possibility of establishing their business which deals in oil and gas, automobile and agriculture.
” We are quite pleased with what we have heard from the governor, we are coming into the state to set up a factory to produce industrial nuts and bolts for the oil and gas, our nuts and bolts can also be used in the manufacturing, agriculture, marine and automobile industries.
“We believe that with the support of the state, we can establish, grow the factory and create jobs,” she said..
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS