Brilliant outings from their representatives raised the stakes and pushed Ogun, Osun and Kaduna states into the semi-finals of the on-going Season 5 of the Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics Television Quiz Show sponsored by Cowbell Milk, the flagship brand of Promasidor Nigeria Limited.
In the junior category preliminary Group D contest last weekend, Master Alonge Esmond of Scholars Universal College, Ota, Ogun State and Sirajo Salihi Mohammed of the Nigerian Tulip International College, Kaduna boys , Kaduna State smashed the barrier to cross into the semi-finals.
The duo shrugged off the fierce challenge from Azubuko Ekene from Baptist High School, Nagaruta, Jos, Plateau State; and Nwakpu Augustine, a student of Community Secondary School, Amana, Ebonyi State.
Others contestants who fell by the way side include Okwuego Ugochukwu of the Nigerian Tulip International College for Boys, Abuja and Olaogun Doyin from Petoa City College, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
The senior category battle produced Famuyiwa Henry of Model Secondary School Alagbaka, Akure, Ondo State and Olabisi Ilesanmi Hezekiah, a student of Bibo Oluwa Academy, Ilesha, Osun State as semi-finalists.
The feat by the duo left four of their counterparts out of the contest. These include Chibueze Okejiri from Marist Brothers’ Juniorate, Uturu, Abia State; Mohammed Isa from Quintessential College, Ibadan, Oyo State; Ogundele Favour of Chapel Secondary School, Ilorin, Kwara State and Okario Michael of Glory Kids Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
Alonge who garnered 125 points to advance, aspires to become a Computer Engineer and habours high expectation of winning the ultimate prize. “I seriously desire to win. If I win, I will keep the money for my education,” he said.
Famuyiwa was confident of his chances to become the champion, adding that his expectation is nothing short of the ultimate prize to honour his school and his parents.
The quiz show which will run for 13 weeks is divided into nine preliminary stages and three semi-finals before the grand finale in November 2019. The organisers also promised that this year’s edition would be more educative and fun-filled as Cowbellpedia is committed to “nurturing great inventors”.
Aside the N2 million grand prize, Managing Director of Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Mr. Anders Einarsson disclosed that the winner in each of categories, (junior and senior) will enjoy an all-expense paid educational excursion outside the country at the end of the initiative.
In addition, the first and second runners-up in each category will receive N1.5 million and N1 million respectively, while the teachers of the top prize winners will be awarded N500, 000. Those of the first and second runners-up will receive N400, 000 and N300, 000 respectively.
The 2019 edition of Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematic TV Quiz continues this weekend. It will be aired on DSTV Africa Magic Family Channel, AIT Network and other six television stations across the country.
Promasidor was founded in 1979 by Robert Rose, who left the United Kingdom in 1957 for Zimbabwe to pursue his African dream. It has since grown with presence in 25 African countries. Promasidor Nigeria has achieved tremendous growth since it commenced operations in 1993 with 6 product brands in the market.
Promasidor produce, distribute and market quality range of products such as Cowbell, Loya, & Miksi milk, Top Tea, Onga seasoning across the country bringing joy to millions of consumers. Its Milk powders, culinary and beverage products are affordable, delicious and good for all.
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship