As part of efforts to revamp the education sector in Ogun State, government has commenced recruitment of 1500 teachers to fill existing vacancies in public schools.
About 29,000 applicants applied for the job which closed on Saturday. The recruitment would be completed before the end of the year.
A statement by Kunle Somorin, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun stated that the State Government has started analysing the profiles of the would-be teachers.
The statement further stated that the first stage of the recruitment process had been completed last night.
“Qualified candidates will be notified this week through Short Message Service (sms) on the phone numbers submitted via the job portal,jobs.ogunstate.gov.ng.
Candidates seeking for the job applied through the state job portal which was opened from 27th October to 8th November 2019.
Candidates who applied for SUBEB jobs in the state applied with Labour ID card which are generated by applying online.
The office of the Special Advisers to State Governor on Youth Empowerment and Job Creation and the Education (Primary, Secondary and Vocational Skills) have started matching those on the database and linking them with the SUBEB requirements.
The decision to recruit more teachers, the statement said, became necessary for the overall repositioning and betterment of the sector.
It would be recalled that the State Government declared a state of emergency on the education sector and plans were made to rehabilitate schools that were in very sorry state.
Government’s commitment to providing conducive environments for teaching and learning, had also made the state government to embark of renovation and reconstruction of schools across the 236 Wards in the State.
As at weekend a total number of 90 schools have been fixed. These schools are evenly distributed among the three senatorial district.
Gov Abiodun encouraged the teachers to promote good reading habits amongst their students through healthy competitions, which he noted would help students’ diction and essay writing.
The statement added that Principals and Head Teachers in Public Primary and Secondary Schools who have all been paid running costs, should use the money judiciously to justify its purpose.
He further advised school administrators to channel more energy and resources to the teaching of Mathematics and English language in schools, saying, failure in these subjects would mean inability of students to gain admissions into higher institutions.
He also encouraged teachers to work harder and be more diligent in discharging their duties, adding that they to get their priorities right and show good example by being punctual and well dressed.
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Friends, Political Associates of Akeredolu’s Cabinet Members Appointed As Sen. Ajayi Borofice’s Aides
WIMBIZ recorded more than 2,000 attendees for the two-day conference
THE HUMILIATION OF THE VILLA FIEND
Cover Of The Week
- Ecobank signs up to The United Nations Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Responsible Banking November 13, 2019
- U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and African Development Bank partner to Support Development in Africa November 13, 2019
- WHO prequalifies Ebola vaccine, paving the way for its use in high-risk countries November 13, 2019
- U.S. provides Financing to Tetra4 to develop Energy Infrastructure in South Africa November 13, 2019
- Continental championship Rugby Africa Cup 2020 season starts with new spectator experience November 13, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ethiopia Rolls Out Community-Based Planning for Displacement Affected Communities in Somali Region November 12, 2019
- In the Face of Uncertainty, Residents of Aweil Remain Hopeful of Unity November 12, 2019
- Water Systems Completed in Uganda Refugee Settlements with European Union (EU), United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) Support November 12, 2019
- USA Supports Ghana to Advance and Strengthen Community-level Health Service Delivery November 12, 2019
- Africa Investment Forum: Family businesses - an underestimated economic driving force November 12, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today