Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun has pledged his administration’s unwavering commitment towards revamping the Health Care System at all levels in the state.
Abiodun, who was represented by his wife, Mrs. Bamidele Abiodun stated this at the flag off ceremony of the second round of Polio Outbreak Response Campaign at the Ijebu Ode Local Government Secretariat, Itooro, Ijebu Ode.
The governor, who acknowledged the critical role child’s health plays in the growth and economic development of any given society, assured of his commitment towards ensuring a minimum of one flagship Primary Health Center per ward across the state in the first one hundred days of his administration .
He explained that immunisation has greatly reduced to the barest minimum , the infant mortality rate among children between the age zero to five which he attributed to the improved level of education and awareness in the society.
He said the Polio Outbreak Response Campaign was key to improving the immunity of Children against Type 2 Oral Polio Virus that could cause paralysis and even death among children.
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Adesanya Ayinde, described immunisation as one of the potent and cost effective health intervention for the reduction of death among children under the age of five.
He added that health care system would become robust and more affordable under the new administration.
The ceremony, which was organised by the Ogun state Primary Health Care Development Board in conjunction with a number of development partners that include the World Health Organization, Rotary Club International, UNICEF and NPHCDA among others, had their representatives reiterate the partners continued support for the health sector in the state.
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Peace Airline Boss, Allen Onyema Honors As Lagos Ikeja City Award’s MAN OF PEACE
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin