Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun has pledged his administration’s unwavering commitment towards revamping the Health Care System at all levels in the state.
Abiodun, who was represented by his wife, Mrs. Bamidele Abiodun stated this at the flag off ceremony of the second round of Polio Outbreak Response Campaign at the Ijebu Ode Local Government Secretariat, Itooro, Ijebu Ode.
The governor, who acknowledged the critical role child’s health plays in the growth and economic development of any given society, assured of his commitment towards ensuring a minimum of one flagship Primary Health Center per ward across the state in the first one hundred days of his administration .
He explained that immunisation has greatly reduced to the barest minimum , the infant mortality rate among children between the age zero to five which he attributed to the improved level of education and awareness in the society.
He said the Polio Outbreak Response Campaign was key to improving the immunity of Children against Type 2 Oral Polio Virus that could cause paralysis and even death among children.
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Adesanya Ayinde, described immunisation as one of the potent and cost effective health intervention for the reduction of death among children under the age of five.
He added that health care system would become robust and more affordable under the new administration.
The ceremony, which was organised by the Ogun state Primary Health Care Development Board in conjunction with a number of development partners that include the World Health Organization, Rotary Club International, UNICEF and NPHCDA among others, had their representatives reiterate the partners continued support for the health sector in the state.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others