The government of Ogun State is set to take over three strategic federal roads to bolster activities in its main industrial hubs.
The State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun said he had formally sought permission of the federal government to dualised three major Federal roads linking the state and Lagos under the public, private sector partnership arrangement.
The roads are, Ikorodu – Ogijo – Shagamu road, Epe – Ijebu – Ode road and Lagos – Ota – Abeokua road.
The governor said the takeover became necessary because of the economic importance of the roads.
He made these disclosures while interfacing with the World Bank team headed by its country director, Rachid Benmessaoud in Abuja on Wednesday.
Governor Abiodun in a statement by Kunle Somorin, his Chief Press Secretary, said he was at the World Bank to share his vision of collective prosperity for Ogun people and bring on board global best practices on the ease of doing business from the World Bank.
He underscored the importance of development partnership to actualise his “building our future together” agenda and the centrality of public private sector partnerships.
“The Lagos – Abeokuta road is a sorry sight when it rains and our people need to commute to and from Lagos everyday because we are to Lagos what New Jersey is to New York.
“People who commute through Iyana Ilogbo will tell you of the nightmare they encounter everyday because of potholes which cause endless gridlock. This is a road that has been under construction for a long time and still needs about N26bn before completion.
“Only N1bn was in this year’s federal budget for that same road. So, as a responsible government, which is closer to the people, we have to do something”, Gov Abiodun said.
He stated further that the Epe – Ijebu Ode road requires similar intervention, just as the Ikorodu-Shagamu corridor.
“Lagos has completed it’s own end of the Epe-Ijebu Ode road. What we need to make it a total package is about 14.4km. So, we are taking it over because the welfare of our people matters. It will become an alternative route for motorists going to the Eastern part of the country”, the Governor added.
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others