The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has said that houses where kidnappers are found would be pulled down and their certificates of occupancy revoked.
The Governor assured that with the launching of the reinvigorated security trust fund the full architecture for internal safety of lives and property has been fully emplaced.
Speaking at the inauguration of the “reinvigorated” Ogun State Security Trust Fund on Saturday, Abiodun said he has fulfilled yet another promise to provide good governance to the people
“It is a demonstration of our government’s unreserved commitment towards ensuring that the people have a good life and pursue their legitimate business in a secured environment.”
Prince Abiodun disclosed that the amended Ogun State Security Trust Fund law is a private sector-driven programme that would support the state government in addressing various security challenges facing the state.
“The aim of these security trust fund is to have the private sector support the government in addressing various security challenges facing our dear state, these new and reinvigorated trust fund will be responsible for sourcing and efficiently deploying the resources towards achieving a safe and secured environment,” the Governor said.
“It is our sincere belief that with this Trust Fund, our security will be further strengthened to provide a more secured environment where our people will live a more prosperous life,” he said.
He noted that the new security trust fund would be responsible for sourcing and efficiently deploying the resources towards achieving a safe and secured environment, adding that it would be uncharitable to believe that the state could single handedly provide all the funds that would be needed to ensure the security of lives and property.
The Governor said that the inauguration of the security trust fund was another approach towards giving the people, individuals and corporate organizations a window of opportunity to contribute towards the overall development of the state, adding that the people should have at the back of their mind that resources given towards actualizing a sound security network would be prudently used by the team set up to manage the states security trust fund.
The committee has Mr. Bolaji Balogun as Chairman, (Rtd AIG)Olushola Subair, Kamar, Chief Financial Officer, Access Bank,Seyi Kumapayi, Group Executive, Commercial Banking, First Bank, Seyi Oyefeso, Executive Director, Wema Bank, Wole Akinleye, while Mr. Opeyemi Agbaje would serve as the Executive Secretary.
The governor tasked the committee to provide money for the acquisition and deployment of security equipments and such human material and financial resources that shall be necessary to prevent crime and preserve public security in the state, promote the efficiency of all the security agencies in the state, to hold for the benefit of all residents of the state, gift, property and money for the purpose of crime prevention and public security in the state.
Abiodun further tasked the committee to mobilize funding and resources in cash or kind from the public private, corporate, institutional or all other sources and to manage those resources in a transparent and accountable manner for the purpose of public security in the state, reserve part of the the fund for the training and retraining of security personnel in the state and to do all other things and perform all other functions for the purpose of public security as and contained in the Ogun State Security Trust Fund Law of 2011, as amended by the Ogun State Security Trust Fund amendment law of 2019.
In his response, the chairman of the Ogun State Security Trust Fund, Mr. Bolaji Balogun acknowledged the effort of the state governor, to have a secured state, describing him as a man of history, who came in as governor at the right moment.
Balogun disclosed that the Security Trust Fund Committee would work hard and not disappoint the state, adding that the activities of the states security trust fund would be transparently done.
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today