The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed that the state government would soon be implementing a program for women that will allow them to directly have access to loans under the ‘O ko wo Dapo’ empowerment initiative.
Prince Dapo Abiodun who made this known at Ijebu- Ode, while on an inspection tour of work going on at Ashafa-Oke and Degun, said that the initiative would avail government the opportunity to directly offer loans to the beneficiaries, adding that the women would be chosen across board.
” In the next one week, we will be implementing our program for our women, the program for our women is an empowerment scheme, which allows us to directly offer loans to women, loans that will be given to them directly, not through any intermediary, we are choosing our women across board, across the entire state, market women, people who are artisans , any woman who is engaged in any trade that requires for her to utilize a loan, we will give them a soft loan that will be repayable over a period of time,” he said.
Abiodun noted that the two roads situated at Ashafa-Oke and Degun would help solve the issues of perennial flooding in the town, urging residents in the area to take ownership of the project and support the Ogun State Public Works Agency.
” The rehabilitation work we are doing here is not limited to Ijebu-Ode alone, work is also going on in Sagamu, Ado-Odo-Ota, it is my hope that as we continue and embark on these project, more of our youths will be gainfully engaged, I urge you to corporate with our Public Works Agency, join hands with them, be part of them, take ownership of this project, it is about you, not about me.
” These roads here are roads that have accounted for a lot of flooding in thus area, because of a poor drainage facility, so, that is why we have focused on starting from here, if we are able to ensure that these roads are properly constructed with the right drainage, then we would have solved about 60% of the issue of perennial flooding in Ijebu Ode,” he said.
The governor urged graduates, especially those with Higher National Diploma and Bachelors Degree to take up the opportunity of becoming Agric- Preneurs, saying that government would give lands and even allowances for their up keep.
” Take advantage of our agric sector program, anchor borrowers program which will allow us harness those who want to be Agric-Preneurs on that portal, I am using these medium to implore all our graduates, particularly, those with Higher National Diploma and Bachelors Degree to come and be Agric-Preneurs, we will give them lands, we will help them clear it in partnership with the federal government and the central bank, we will provide them with what they will plant, we will provide them with extension services, we will even give them allowances to maintain themselves,” he said.
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS