The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed that the state government would soon be implementing a program for women that will allow them to directly have access to loans under the ‘O ko wo Dapo’ empowerment initiative.
Prince Dapo Abiodun who made this known at Ijebu- Ode, while on an inspection tour of work going on at Ashafa-Oke and Degun, said that the initiative would avail government the opportunity to directly offer loans to the beneficiaries, adding that the women would be chosen across board.
” In the next one week, we will be implementing our program for our women, the program for our women is an empowerment scheme, which allows us to directly offer loans to women, loans that will be given to them directly, not through any intermediary, we are choosing our women across board, across the entire state, market women, people who are artisans , any woman who is engaged in any trade that requires for her to utilize a loan, we will give them a soft loan that will be repayable over a period of time,” he said.
Abiodun noted that the two roads situated at Ashafa-Oke and Degun would help solve the issues of perennial flooding in the town, urging residents in the area to take ownership of the project and support the Ogun State Public Works Agency.
” The rehabilitation work we are doing here is not limited to Ijebu-Ode alone, work is also going on in Sagamu, Ado-Odo-Ota, it is my hope that as we continue and embark on these project, more of our youths will be gainfully engaged, I urge you to corporate with our Public Works Agency, join hands with them, be part of them, take ownership of this project, it is about you, not about me.
” These roads here are roads that have accounted for a lot of flooding in thus area, because of a poor drainage facility, so, that is why we have focused on starting from here, if we are able to ensure that these roads are properly constructed with the right drainage, then we would have solved about 60% of the issue of perennial flooding in Ijebu Ode,” he said.
The governor urged graduates, especially those with Higher National Diploma and Bachelors Degree to take up the opportunity of becoming Agric- Preneurs, saying that government would give lands and even allowances for their up keep.
” Take advantage of our agric sector program, anchor borrowers program which will allow us harness those who want to be Agric-Preneurs on that portal, I am using these medium to implore all our graduates, particularly, those with Higher National Diploma and Bachelors Degree to come and be Agric-Preneurs, we will give them lands, we will help them clear it in partnership with the federal government and the central bank, we will provide them with what they will plant, we will provide them with extension services, we will even give them allowances to maintain themselves,” he said.
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe ready to host & showcase itself at sustainable development forum: Minister January 21, 2020
- Declaration by the High Representative Josep Borrell on behalf of the EU on South Sudan January 21, 2020
- Du Plessis, Davids to add speed to Blitzboks team January 21, 2020
- Keynote Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina at the UK-Africa Investment Summit, “Sustainable Infrastructure Forum” January 21, 2020
- Accelerating innovation to attain Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 January 21, 2020
- Chinese Ambassador to Kenya Wu Peng attended Chinese New Year Gala January 21, 2020
- 71st Republic Day of India January 21, 2020
- Health should not be a privilege for the rich—the right to health belongs to everyone January 21, 2020
- Kobs Shine as Warriors Register First League Loss January 21, 2020
- Supply of healthcare kits by the Italian Cooperation in Niger January 21, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria