The Chief Priest of Oduduwa and Obadio Agbaye Orisun of Yoruba land, Oba Farotimi Faroba, has debunked news about the arrival of remains of Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, to Ile-Ife, Osun.
Faroba told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Ile-Ife that the Ooni was hale and healthy.
“Ooni is hale and healthy, and that is to confirm to you that nothing has happened to him.
“And if he is still alive why the rumuor that his remains has arrived in the ancient
“Ooni’s death cannot be hidden.
“Assuming his reported death is true, you will notice crowd at the main palace gate, while the gate would be locked and no one will be allowed to enter.
“Also, the Oduduwa chief priest will announce the demise of the Ooni upon sounding
of a bell at Enuwa square located in front of the palace.
“After the announcement, all the trees in the market would be cut; markets would be closed while all forms of merrymaking such as drumming or partying would be suspended in town for a number of days,” he explained.
Faroba said since Ooni is still alive there was no need to perform any of the rites.
According to him, the wedding of one of the Ooni’s sons which was slated for Aug. 2 in Lagos still went ahead as planned to confirm that the monarch is still alive.
“Ooni is second in command to the deities and if anything happen to him, the 200 gods and goddesses would be aware before Oduduwa chief priest would announce it.
“I am saying all these to confirm to you that Ooni is still alive,” Faroba said.
NAN recalls that some media houses reported on Sunday that the remains of the Ooni may have arrived the ancient town. (NAN)
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital