The Secretary to the Osun State Government, Moshood Adeoti, has resigned his membership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
Mr Adeoti had earlier on Friday withdrawn from the APC gubernatorial primary in the state alleging it was rigged fo favour the eventual winner, Gboyega Oyetola.
Mr Adeoti announced his resignation in a letter seen by PREMIUM TIMES, dated July 21.
“I hereby wish to notify you of my decision to resign my membership of the the All Progressives’ Congress.” the letter read.
“I wish to reiterate my commitment to the progress of the state in whatsoever capacity I find myself in the future.” Mr Adeoti said in the letter to the APC chairman in his Ward 12 of Iwo part of the state.
In a phone conversation with PREMIUM TIMES, Mr. Adeoti confirmed he wrote the letter but declined further comment.
“I tendered the resignation letter,” he said repeatedly.
Apart from Mr Adeoti, some of the other 17 APC aspirants had also faulted the process that led to the adoption of Mr Oyetola, who will represent the APC in the September 22 governorship election in the state.
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS