Sadly, Adeleke, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party 2018 governorship election in Osun State, had rejected today’s re-run election as a “charade” which must not be allowed to stand.
Mr Adeleke’s position, disclosed in a statement by his campaign office Thursday afternoon, was hinged on the widespread reports of voter intimidation and other forms of violence which marred the re-run election, especially in Orolu Local Government Area.
“The whole world is witnessing a charade in the name of election, a deliberate effort at imposition of a discredited leadership on the suffering people of Osun State through undisguised brutal force,” the campaign said. “Applying all standards, today’s supplementary poll is a non-event as all norms of electoral process are violated.”
There have been reports that the re-run election has neither been free nor fair since polls opened across the four local government areas identified for the exercise after the main process on Saturday was declare inconclusive.
Amongst those who have reported violence from security agencies and suspected APC thugs are journalists, observers and voters believed loyal to the PDP.
Mr Adeleke came first in the election on Saturday, but his thin margin of just 353 votes over his closest rival Gboyega Oyetola compelled INEC to declare the election inconclusive and ordered a re-run among the participating parties. About 2,637 out of 3,498 registered voters collected their voters’ cards and would be eligible to participate in today’s exercise across four LGAs.
Voting is scheduled to close at 2:00 p.m. across the local governments, which include Orolu, Osogbo, Ife-North and Ife South
PMB DIDN’T REJECT ABIODUN-SANWO-OLU ROAD REPAIR PROPOSAL
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Cover Of The Week
- Award-Winning Actress Julia Ormond, Egyptian Actor Asser Yassin join Global Migration Film Festival 2019 Jury October 18, 2019
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin