By Ifeoma Ikem
A business mogul in Ikorodu area of Lagos, Otunba kamorudeen lamina the chief executive officer Omolamina Global Venture limited,have urged the Lagos state government and police to beef up security in the area.
Otunba who spoke in an exclusive interview with our reporter said the scenario in Ikorodu is worrisome and there is urgent need to draft adequate security to the entire Ikorodu environs.
According to him the activities of cultist, yahoo yahoo boys and other criminal gang need to be address and nip to the bud by security agencies.
He personally mention Odogunyan, Ijede,Igbogbo, Ibeshe, Ishawo, Ebuto area of Ikorodu as a major blackspot and den of cultists.
Otunba want the Lagos state government Babajide Sanwo- olu to urge the police force to bring police station to Odogunyan and not police post
Adding that the immediate past governor Akinwunmi Ambode try his best during his tenure to stop the menace of cultism and kidnapping in the area and succeeded but suddenly they are back.
In his words “Ikorodu need security, God will help us bad boys are so many in this our communities we need adequate security” he said
He also appreciate the effort of the commissioner of police, Lagos state command, CP Zubairu Muazu mni,who paraded 100 of the suspected cultists arrested in the area on Monday.
He urged the police boss to adopt more measure with a view to wipe out criminal gang including cultists, bandits and kidnapping in the area.
He advised the youth to stay away from crime and urge parents to monitor their wards.
It could be recalled that many residents and houses owners at Ikorodu had fled their home following the activities of cultists and kidnappers terrorising the area.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS