By Ifeoma Ikem
A business mogul in Ikorodu area of Lagos, Otunba kamorudeen lamina the chief executive officer Omolamina Global Venture limited,have urged the Lagos state government and police to beef up security in the area.
Otunba who spoke in an exclusive interview with our reporter said the scenario in Ikorodu is worrisome and there is urgent need to draft adequate security to the entire Ikorodu environs.
According to him the activities of cultist, yahoo yahoo boys and other criminal gang need to be address and nip to the bud by security agencies.
He personally mention Odogunyan, Ijede,Igbogbo, Ibeshe, Ishawo, Ebuto area of Ikorodu as a major blackspot and den of cultists.
Otunba want the Lagos state government Babajide Sanwo- olu to urge the police force to bring police station to Odogunyan and not police post
Adding that the immediate past governor Akinwunmi Ambode try his best during his tenure to stop the menace of cultism and kidnapping in the area and succeeded but suddenly they are back.
In his words “Ikorodu need security, God will help us bad boys are so many in this our communities we need adequate security” he said
He also appreciate the effort of the commissioner of police, Lagos state command, CP Zubairu Muazu mni,who paraded 100 of the suspected cultists arrested in the area on Monday.
He urged the police boss to adopt more measure with a view to wipe out criminal gang including cultists, bandits and kidnapping in the area.
He advised the youth to stay away from crime and urge parents to monitor their wards.
It could be recalled that many residents and houses owners at Ikorodu had fled their home following the activities of cultists and kidnappers terrorising the area.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others