By Ifeoma Ikem
A business mogul in Ikorodu area of Lagos, Otunba kamorudeen lamina the chief executive officer Omolamina Global Venture limited,have urged the Lagos state government and police to beef up security in the area.
Otunba who spoke in an exclusive interview with our reporter said the scenario in Ikorodu is worrisome and there is urgent need to draft adequate security to the entire Ikorodu environs.
According to him the activities of cultist, yahoo yahoo boys and other criminal gang need to be address and nip to the bud by security agencies.
He personally mention Odogunyan, Ijede,Igbogbo, Ibeshe, Ishawo, Ebuto area of Ikorodu as a major blackspot and den of cultists.
Otunba want the Lagos state government Babajide Sanwo- olu to urge the police force to bring police station to Odogunyan and not police post
Adding that the immediate past governor Akinwunmi Ambode try his best during his tenure to stop the menace of cultism and kidnapping in the area and succeeded but suddenly they are back.
In his words “Ikorodu need security, God will help us bad boys are so many in this our communities we need adequate security” he said
He also appreciate the effort of the commissioner of police, Lagos state command, CP Zubairu Muazu mni,who paraded 100 of the suspected cultists arrested in the area on Monday.
He urged the police boss to adopt more measure with a view to wipe out criminal gang including cultists, bandits and kidnapping in the area.
He advised the youth to stay away from crime and urge parents to monitor their wards.
It could be recalled that many residents and houses owners at Ikorodu had fled their home following the activities of cultists and kidnappers terrorising the area.
Veteran Actress, Salome Eketunde In Tears
Festus Keyamo Empowers 1,700 Deltan Youths, Women In Uvwie Kingdom
Association of local government Vice Chairmen in Nigeria honours Sanwoolu, Simon Bakau, Kemi Nelson, Jimi Benson, Aregbesola, Yari Abubakar, Bako Lalung, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, others
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Cover Of The Week
- Highest ranking U.S. official on energy visits Southern Africa November 14, 2019
- On South Sudan’s failure to form a Unity Government by November 12 November 14, 2019
- Total builds on Brulpadda success to herald new era for South Africa November 14, 2019
- Diabetes is a Family Affair in Kenya November 13, 2019
- Commitment to a “Zero-Child Army” Trumps Differences During Juba Conference November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Mozambique November 13, 2019
- In Tombura, UNMISS Works With Faith Groups to Foster Peaceful Coexistence November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Lesotho November 13, 2019
- Southern Africa’s Top Entrepreneurs Announced in Johannesburg, South Africa November 13, 2019
- African Energy Chamber Takes Part in High-Level Debate on the Future of the Global Oil & Gas Industry at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) November 13, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today