By Elvis Omoregie Benin
The Benin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC in charge of Edo, Delta and Ondo State, today expressed its readiness to weed out Cybercrime and other related crimes in Benin and neighboring states.
Briefing journalists in Benin City, the Head of Benin Zonal Office, Muhtar Bello, who spoke on behalf of the Acting Chairman of the commission, Ibrahim Magu, , said the Commission is resolute in exterminating cybercrime and bringing to book all those involving in the despicable act.
According to him, ” our collaboration with FBI led to the arrest of a female suspected cyber fraudster who worked in collaboration with foreign counterpart in darkweb.
“She is involved in the obtaining/ stealing people’s identification information which she forwarded to her American collaborator.
“Her collaborator uses the information to file for fraudulent tax return with the Internal Revenue Service, She receives her cut through Bitcoin”
“About 185 Bitcoin which by current market value is six hundred and fifty six million, three hundred and seventy one thousand, four hundred and ninety naira has been traced to her”
“The Commission is resolute in exterminating cybercrime and bringing to book all those involved in this despicable activity. We have also operation rewire in Edo”
He said the command confiscated over forty exotic cars, charms, laptops, mobile phones, flash drives from the suspects and has also raided the hideout of internet fraudsters in the zone
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS