OYO, OGUN, RIVERS PICK LAST TICKETS AS COWBELLPEDIA ‘19 ENTERS SEMI-FINALS
Representatives of schools from Oyo, Ogun and Rivers States outshined others to pick the last sets of semi-final tickets in the on-going Season 5 of the Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics Television Quiz Show sponsored by Cowbell Milk, the flagship brand of Promasidor Nigeria Limited.
In the junior category preliminary Group I (week 9) contest last weekend, David Charles of Graceland International School, Port Harcourt, Rivers state and Toluwanimi Adeeko of Rhema Chapel International college, Ibadan, Oyo State snatched the two available semi-final tickets at the expense of four others.
The participants who bid the competition farewell include Oshioke Anavberokhai of Gloryland Secondary School, Igarra, Edo State; Fahad Murtala of Abdu Gusau Polythenic Secondary School, AGPSS, Talata-Marafa, Zamfara State; Temitope Oluwaseun, a student of Reality High School, Ilesha, Osun State and Emmanuel Appoh of Teto Model College, Yenegoa, Bayelsa State.
David who ascribed his success so far in the competition to speed and accuracy, was confident of victory in the remaining stages of the contest. His colleague, Toluwani linked her confidence to the moral support and advice of her mother. “My mother said I should not be afraid, but rather face my fear. And this is just what I did. I am looking forward to a great outing in the days ahead,” she told journalists at the sidelines outside the studio last week.
In the senior category, the brilliance of Folayemi 0yekunle, from Deeper Life High School Ibadan, Oyo State and Gift Omoegbeleghan of The Crescent International High School, Ijoko-Ota, Ogun State shot them into the semi-finals.
Consequently, the journey ended for other contestants. These include: Abubakar Saadatu of Yamusa Science Academy, Zauro, Kebbi State; Akinbode Wuraola of Greater Tomorrow Model College, Odo Ado, Ekiti State and Qasim Abubakar from Iqra Science Academy, Jalingo, Taraba State. Abaragu Cyprian, a student of Divine Academy College, Ikwo, Ebonyi State was absent from the competition.
Folayemi, who was a junior category semi-finalist in 2017 edition of the competition, vowed to put in all her efforts to surmount every obstacle and emerge champion this time around. Gift, on her part was confident that her meticulous preparation is good enough to get her to the top and win the ultimate prize as a gift to her parents.
The quiz show will run for 13 weeks and divided into nine preliminary stages and three semi-finals before the grand finale in November 2019. This year’s edition is living up to its billing in terms of excitement and reward as promised by the organisers in line with the goal of “nurturing great inventors”.
Aside the N2 million grand prizes, Managing Director of Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Mr. Anders Einarsson disclosed that the winner in each of the two categories, (junior and senior) will enjoy an all-expense paid educational excursion outside the country at the end of the initiative.
In addition, the first and second runners-up in each category will receive N1.5 million and N1 million respectively, while the teachers of the top prize winners will be awarded N500, 000. Those of the first and second runners-up will receive N400, 000 and N300, 000 respectively.
The 2019 edition of Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematic TV Quiz continues this weekend. It will be aired on DSTV Africa Magic Family Channel, AIT Network and other six television stations across the country.
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship