The Visitation Panel set up by the Ogun State government to look into issues surrounding crisis at the Tai Solarin College of Education, Omu-Ijebu has recommended urgent and full implemention of recommendations of the 2016 staff audit report as some of the issues confronting the institution had been resolved by the report.
The Chairman of the pane, Prof. Kamaldeen Balogun, stated this when the panel submitted it’s reports and 33 recommendations to the State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.
Prof. Balogun who described the situation at the institution as ” complete mess”, said the audit report had dealt with the case of those who disturbed the peace of the school and had recommended that eight people should be investigated as result of their involvement in many atrocities against the institution.
The panel according to the Chairman, also recommended that for “peace to reign in the campus of the College, activities of Coalition of Tai Solarin College of Education Staff (COTAS), which is unregistered and unrecognized Association be stopped, while the ban on activities of recognized unions be lifted”.
He said it was imperative for the State government to reopen the institution in order not to loose it license and accreditation while its Governing Council should be reconstituted, to avoid the state of anarchy and further damage.
While thanking the State government for giving members of the panel the opportunity to serve the State, Prof Balogun urged government to endeavor to pay three months salary to the staff, adding that the five recommendations were the immediate solutions to the problems and the rest for short and long time Solutions.
Receiving the report, Governor Abiodun said government could not afford toying with the College as doing so would mean playing with the future of our youths of the State who crave for quality education.
” Government will look into the five content ones and decide on them. I want to assure you that we will look into all the 33 recommendations and make our decision”, he noted.
Prince Abiodun commended members of the panel for demonstrating high degree of commitment, responsibility and patriotism by completing their assignment a week ahead.
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS