By Sahara weekly
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has been accused of overburdening residents of the state with multiple taxation, thereby aggravating the spate of poverty in the state
Zadok Akintoye, the Media and Publicity Secretary of the PDP, while speaking with Members of Nigeria Guild of Investigative Journalists, NGIJ, said the Akeredolu administration has further impoverished the State and its people, as they are been forced to pay from their noses, despite the fact that people of the state are lacking basic amenities they ought to have been enjoying as the dividend of democracy.
He accused the Akeredolu administration has been embarking on white Elephant projects that have no meaningful impact on the people of the State.
“The ongoing Ore bridge construction has been shrouded in secrecy with the Akeredolu administration been economical with the truth on the actual amount budgeted for the project, likewise other projects in the State”.
Meanwhile the Ruling All Progressive Congress, (APC) as refuted the claimed, insisting that the government has been prudent with the state resources.
Alex Kalejaye APC spokesman in the state said Akeredolu’s administration has implemented a lot of infrastructural projects across the State.
He chided the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and describe them as opposition who will never see anything good been done by the government.
“Nothing good comes easy as regards to the taxation. At least the people are seeing what the government is doing with the taxes”
The APC spokesman added that quality education is not cheap. ” You can’t expect something good from the opposition that is why they are attacking the government wrongly”
He noted that Governor Akeredolu has constructed many roads than other past governors in the state. The road to oke Alabojuto in Ikare, Iwaro in Oka, Ifon an outlet lane which was a death trap has been completed. Also, the roads to Ajekunle, Ogbonmo, Ikare, Arakale, Idanre Oda Road have all been constructed by Arakunrin Akeredolu administration kalejaye added.
Wale Abydeen the President of Nigerian Guild Of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) said members of the Guild have been deployed to 18 Local Government Areas of the state to administer questionnaires among the residents
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe ready to host & showcase itself at sustainable development forum: Minister January 21, 2020
- Declaration by the High Representative Josep Borrell on behalf of the EU on South Sudan January 21, 2020
- Du Plessis, Davids to add speed to Blitzboks team January 21, 2020
- Keynote Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina at the UK-Africa Investment Summit, “Sustainable Infrastructure Forum” January 21, 2020
- Accelerating innovation to attain Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 January 21, 2020
- Chinese Ambassador to Kenya Wu Peng attended Chinese New Year Gala January 21, 2020
- 71st Republic Day of India January 21, 2020
- Health should not be a privilege for the rich—the right to health belongs to everyone January 21, 2020
- Kobs Shine as Warriors Register First League Loss January 21, 2020
- Supply of healthcare kits by the Italian Cooperation in Niger January 21, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria