Connect with us

news

Police Officers Forced Out Of Service Drag IGP, PSC, Other To Court, Seek Enforcement  Of Earlier Unappealed Order

Published

on

Police Officers Forced Out Of Service Drag IGP, PSC, Other To Court, Seek Enforcement  Of Earlier Unappealed Order

Police Officers Forced Out Of Service Drag IGP, PSC, Other To Court, Seek Enforcement  Of Earlier Unappealed Order

 

By Ifeoma Ikem

 

LAGOS-POLICE officers of course 18, 19 and 20 who were forcefully retired on accusation of age and entry falsification have dragged the Inspector-General of Police IGP,  the police service commission PSC and the Force Secretary of the Police to court; demanding the enforcement of an earlier unappealing Court order of the Nigerian Industrial Court.

 

Police Officers Forced Out Of Service Drag IGP, PSC, Other To Court, Seek Enforcement  Of Earlier Unappealed Order

 

The officers averred that when the issue reared its ugly head in 2017, the matter which became that of litigation had been settled since 13th January 2021 by the industrial court of Nigeria in Abuja judicial Division in suit Nos NCIN/ABJ/345/2019 and NICN/ABJ/353/2019 stressing that they are shocked that both the police authority and the police service commission have yet to enforce the judgement.

 

The affected officers, who were part of Force Entrants Courses 18, 19, and 20, were wrongly accused of falsifying their service records. However, court documents reveal that the issue had been settled in their favour by the Industrial Court of Nigeria in Abuja, with judgments delivered on January 13, 2021, in suit numbers NCIN/ABJ/345/2019 and NICN/ABJ/353/2019.

 

They have therefore, approached the court again because of insinuation that over 200 policemen falsified police records and have resigned following the Police authority order on 10th February 2025 in a signal No DTO 101845/02/25 asking the affected officers to evacuate their offices.

 

The present Suit with No: NICN/ABJ/28/2025 filed by Edwin Okoro Esq, has ACP Chinedu Ambrose Emengaha & seven others as Claimants, with the Police Service Commission, Inspector General of Police and Force Secretary, Nigeria Police as 1st, 2nd and 3rd Defendants.

 

In the their Originating Summons, the Claimants are seeking the determination of the following relieves:

“Whether taking into consideration the judgement of the National Industrial Court Abuja delivered by Hon. Justice O.O. Iyewunmi in Suit NHS NICN/ABJ/ 345/2019 – ACP Chinedu Ambrose Emengaha & Ors Vs PSC & Ors and NICN/ABJ/353/2019- CSP Sunday Okuguni & Ors Vs PSC & 2 Ors, resolving the issues of date of appointment of Cadet officers(Force  Entrants) as the date of their first appointment and the said judgement having been implemented by the defendants since 29th July 2021, the defendants are not estopped from reopening the issue of their first appointment.

 

“A declaration  that the date of first appointment into service of the Claimants as contained in their respective appointment letters are not subject to a review by the defendants; a declaration that members of Cadet ASP (Force Entrants) of course 18,19 and 20 who are yet to serve 35 years of pensionable service nor attained the age of 60 years are by virtue of the said judgement of the National Industrial Court delivered by Hon. O.O Oyewunmi in suit no NICN/ABJ./345/2019 – ACP Chinedu Ambrose Emengaha & Ors Vs PSC & 2 Ors and NICN/ABJ./353/2019 CSP Sunday Okoguni & Ors Vs PSC & 2 Ors, excluded from the decision of the first extraordinary meeting of the 6th Management Board held on Friday 31st January 2025,approving the immediate retirement of those officers who have spent 35 years in service or above 60 years in age.

 

The officers are seeking a further declaration that, by virtue of the said judgments of the National Industrial Court affirming the dates of appointment of Claimants as Cadet Officers as fresh appointment, the said appointment is not a merger of service.

 

“A declaration that the defendant cannot by any decision, set aside the valid and subsisting judgements of the National Industrial Court delivered by Hon. Justice O.O. Oyewunmi  in suit Nos NICN/ABJ./345/2019 – ACP Chinedu Ambrose Emengaha & Ors Vs PSC & 2 Ors, and NICN/ABJ./353/2019 CSP Sunday Okoguni& Ors Vs PSC & 2 Ors, already implemented by the defendants since July 29th 2021.

 

“An oder setting aside the 1st defendants directive to the 2nd paper 3rd Defendants  contained in the press release of 31st January 2025 as it concerns Courses 18, p19, and 20 ( Force Entrants); a further order of perpetual injunction, restraining the Defendants jointly and severally from unlawfully and illegally reviewing the issue of dates of appointment of Cadet ASPs of Force Entrants –Courses 18, 19 & 20 already settled by the Judgments of the National Industrial Court and  an order of perpetual injunction, restraining the Defendants jointly and severally from unlawfully and illegally retiring any member of Cadet ASPs of Force Entrants – Courses 18, 19 & 20 who has not served 35 years in service nor attained the mandatory retirement age of 60 years.”

news

Ramadan 2026: Let’s Be United, Shina Akanni Urges Muslims.

Published

on

Ramadan 2026: Let’s Be United, Shina Akanni Urges Muslims.

 

As Muslims all over the world begins the 30 days compulsory fasting and prayer today,top Fuji Musician Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido has congratulates them for witnessing another month of Ramadan.

 

Akanni advised them to follow the teachings of the the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) which is peaceful co existence among themselves and their neighbor ‘because Islam is Religion of peace”.

 

He said the month of Ramadan is an holy month therefore Muslims should try as much as they can to maintain peaceful coexistence among themselves and others and that they should see themselves as ambassador of peace.

 

While praying for Nigeria,Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido said he believes that there will be an economic turnaround soon because what’s is happening now are signs of thought times that never last “if we can pecevere things will get better”.

 

The Scorpido crooner who recently released a hip hop single titled “Magbelo” said he is currently working on a complete album which will be released before the end of the year.

 

Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido whose last album ‘ABCD” is still in hot demand said that his next album will be a pot pouri of all kinds of music because his brand of Fuji music is a blend Fuji , Hip-hop,Apala ,Highlife and others.

Continue Reading

news

GEN CHRISTOPHER GWABIN MUSA SUPPORT INITIATIVE HAILS GOVERNOR UBA SANI’S APPOINTMENT AS RENEWED HOPE AMBASSADOR

Published

on

GEN CHRISTOPHER GWABIN MUSA SUPPORT INITIATIVE HAILS GOVERNOR UBA SANI’S APPOINTMENT AS RENEWED HOPE AMBASSADOR

 

 

The Gen Christopher Gwabin Musa Support Initiative (GCGMSI) has extended its warm congratulations to His Excellency, Mallam Uba Sani, the Executive Governor of Kaduna State, following his recent appointment as a Renewed Hope Ambassador and Deputy Director-General for Party Outreach, Engagement, and Mobilisation by the All Progressives Congress (APC).

 

This felicitation was formally conveyed in a statement signed by the Initiative’s Convener, Ibrahim Dahiru Danfulani, Sadaukin Garkuwan Keffi/Betara Biu, and disseminated to the press.

 

The statement highlighted that the Grand Patron of the GCGMSI, His Excellency General Christopher Gwabin Musa, OFR, Minister of Defence of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, received the news of the appointment with great pride but without surprise. According to the statement, General Musa expressed unwavering confidence in Governor Uba Sani’s proven capability and salient leadership qualities, affirming that the Governor is eminently equipped to deliver on every task entrusted to him.

 

The Grand Patron further extended profound appreciation to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, for recognising and finding Governor Uba Sani worthy of this critical national assignment. The appointment, which takes effect immediately, was made by the President in his capacity as the leader of the APC, citing the Governor’s exceptional organisational abilities and strategic acumen.

 

In his new role, Governor Sani is tasked with working in close collaboration with the Director-General of the Renewed Hope Ambassadors and the party hierarchy, including the National Chairman of the APC. His primary mandate is to ensure harmony, inclusiveness, and strategic coordination across all levels of the party’s mobilization and engagement architecture, a vital function for advancing the political agenda.

 

Demonstrating its commitment to national service and effective governance, the GCGMSI, under the direct directive of its Grand Patron, General Musa, has officially mobilised its formidable structure. The Initiative has pledged the full deployment of its extensive network, seasoned personnel, and robust operational framework to assist and support Governor Uba Sani in the successful execution of his new responsibilities.

 

 

The Gen Christopher Gwabin Musa Support Initiative, renowned for its disciplined organisation, widespread grassroots penetration, and capacity for large-scale civic mobilisation, stands ready as a pivotal force. This move underscores the GCGMSI’s pivotal role as a key support system for national development initiatives and its unwavering dedication to fostering unity and progress under the Renewed Hope agenda.

Continue Reading

news

Lumiegee Shines Bright: Nigerian – London Based Music Sensation Wins Silver at Global Music Awards for “Yehba”

Published

on

Lumiegee, the talented Nigerian recording artist, audio engineer, and songwriter, has been honored with two Silver Medals at the prestigious Global Music Awards (GMA) for his captivating single “Yehba”.

The GMA, a top-tier international music competition, recognized Lumiegee’s outstanding work in the AfroBeats genre and the music video for “Yehba”, solidifying his position as a rising star in the music industry.

“Yehba” has been making waves in the Nigerian music scene, earning Lumiegee recognition from Soundcity TV Africa, CMJ TV UK, and other prominent music platforms. This latest accolade further cements his reputation as a force to be reckoned with in Afrobeats.

Lumiegee’s music style, a fusion of Afropop, R&B, Soul, and World music, has captivated audiences worldwide. His unique sound draws inspiration from legendary artists such as King Sunny Ade, Fela Kuti, and Stevie Wonder.

The Global Music Awards is a respected music industry recognition platform, promoting award honorees through social media and press releases to over 20,000+ musicians, music managers, record labels, and industry contacts.


Website: https://www.globalmusicawards.com/honorees/home
For more information on Lumiegee and his music, visit @lumiegee on Instagram.

*About Lumiegee:*
Lumiegee, born Olumide A. d’Goke Adeisa, is a Nigerian recording artist, audio engineer, and songwriter with a decade of experience in the music industry. His music blends cultural influences, emotional depth, and catchy hooks, resonating with fans across Africa and beyond.

Contact:
@lumiegee (Instagram)
LumieTech

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending