The Kogi State Police Command has rated the administration of Governor Yahaya Bello high on issues of security in the state.
In a chat with members of the Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) in his office on Thursday, the Public Relations Officer of the command, DSP Williams Ovye Aya lauded the state governor for providing patrol vans and other logistics for security operatives in the state.
DSP Aya said Kogi state is relatively peaceful when compared to what it used to be before the incumbent administration came on board. He noted that although there is no perfect security in any part of the world but there is always room for improvement.
”The state governor has been committed to ensuring adequate security of lives and properties of Kogi residents by providing all needed logistics since inception of his tenure,” he said.
However, preliminary findings by members of the Guild who are presently in the state on fact finding mission ahead of November 2019 gubernatorial election revealed that some Kogites are not happy with the Governor due to his alleged insensitivity to plight of workers which they say have greatly affected economic activities in the state.
Speaking on the ongoing investigation, the President of the Guild, Mr. Wale Abydeen disclosed that over 10,000 copies of questionnaire is being administered across the 21 local government areas of the state.
”We are on a fact-finding mission in Kogi state to assess the impact or otherwise of the Governor Yahaya Bello’s administration on the people of the state.
He noted that the Guild, in the course of its mission, will meet different interest groups including Labour Unions, Pensioners, Traditional rulers, Market women, traders, political parties and government functionaries to get firsthand information.
According to him, efforts to get reactions of Kogi government through its appointees has not yielded fruits at as the time of filing this report.
Cover Of The Week
- NBA commissioner Adam Silver's statement on passing of Kobe Bryant January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks own up to under-par performances in New Zealand (NZ) January 26, 2020
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria