The Nigeria police have said they will begin a special stop and search operation on highways and roads across the country.
A statement by the deputy police spokesperson, Abayomi Shongule, said the need for the operation came sequel to an intelligence.
Mr. Shongule said the stop and search, an order from the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, will concentrate mainly on roads within and outside major cities in Nigeria.
He urged Nigerians to bear with the police during this security operation, which, he said, was a temporary measure put in place to address the intelligence received.
“The special security measure, stop and search is in no way a return of roadblocks,” Mr. Shogunle said. “Any unprofessional conduct should be reported at www.stopthebribes.net or nearest police station.”
He also advised the general public to cooperate with police operatives by providing answers to questions that may be asked as well as allowing their vehicles to be searched.
Cover Of The Week
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
- African Development Bank and African Union to roll-out a continent-wide electricity market Masterplan December 12, 2019
- Powell keeps the faith as Blitzboks gear up for Cape Town December 12, 2019
- Malware variety grows by 13.7% in 2019 due to web skimmers December 12, 2019
- Give Them a Gift That Will Make Them Smarter This Christmas! December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .