The Nigeria police have said they will begin a special stop and search operation on highways and roads across the country.
A statement by the deputy police spokesperson, Abayomi Shongule, said the need for the operation came sequel to an intelligence.
Mr. Shongule said the stop and search, an order from the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, will concentrate mainly on roads within and outside major cities in Nigeria.
He urged Nigerians to bear with the police during this security operation, which, he said, was a temporary measure put in place to address the intelligence received.
“The special security measure, stop and search is in no way a return of roadblocks,” Mr. Shogunle said. “Any unprofessional conduct should be reported at www.stopthebribes.net or nearest police station.”
He also advised the general public to cooperate with police operatives by providing answers to questions that may be asked as well as allowing their vehicles to be searched.
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others