- Over 5,000 participants and 40 speakers expected at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja
- Forum to Feature Plenary Sessions, Masterclasses, a Pitching Competition, Networking Opportunities, UBA Marketplace and the Presidential Dialogue
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), Africa’s champion of entrepreneurship, has announced the line-up of speakers and activities for the 5th Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Forum — the largest annual gathering of African entrepreneurs and the African entrepreneurship ecosystem.
For the Forum’s Presidential Dialogue, the President of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), H.E Félix Tshisekedi will join previously announced President of Rwanda, H.E Paul Kagame and President of Senegal, H.E Macky Sall, in an interactive, charged plenary session that opens Day 2 of the Forum. The Presidential Dialogue will be moderated by TEF Founder, Tony O. Elumelu, CON, and will feature all three presidents engaging directly with an audience of 5,000, comprising of entrepreneurs, policymakers, investors and business leaders, with thousands of people interacting live online, through TEFConnect.
The Forum presents the largest single annual opportunity for entrepreneurs and policy makers to interact directly and all sessions at the Forum have private sector and public sector leaders anchor panel discussions, masterclasses, and a dynamic pitching competition that will engage an audience of start-up entrepreneurs, development institutions, and policymakers.
The speakers expected for this year’s Forum include Prof. Benedict Oramah, President of African Export-Import (AFREXIMBANK); Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of African Development Bank (AFDB); Dr. Awele Elumelu, Trustee, Tony Elumelu Foundation and Founder, Avon Medical; Kennedy Uzoka, Group CEO, UBA Group Plc; Mrs. Djene Kaba Conde, First Lady, Guinea; amongst other notable global business leaders.
Every year, the Tony Elumelu Foundation hosts the largest gathering of African entrepreneurs, policymakers and business leaders in one location. This year’s Forum, themed “Empowering African Entrepreneurs”, will take place at the iconic Transcorp Hilton Hotel, in Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja. The Forum will also include the UBA Marketplace, where UBA, Africa’s global bank, brings together businesses from across the continent.
At the 2018 forum, TEFConnect, the largest digital platform for African entrepreneurs was launched to connect entrepreneurs to the opportunities they need for business success. TEFConnect will take centre stage at this year’s Forum as global debates move to technology as a key driver of economic development in Africa.
For more information: https://www.tonyelumelufoundation.org/forum2019
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Peace Airline Boss, Allen Onyema Honors As Lagos Ikeja City Award’s MAN OF PEACE
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin