Connect with us

society

Prince Olumide, Gov. Ambode, Al-Makura, Dankwabo, Wike, Oba Ogunwusi & Others to Grace 12th NMNA 2018.

Published

on

It is no longer news as it has published in Nigerian Newspapers, Magazines, blogs, even on website of the organisers of this meritorious media event, Nigeria Media Nite-Out Award, NMNA, its 12th edition. The organisers of the 2018 NMNA, are really working tirelessly in making the annual event to celebrate media practitioners all-over the federation a memorable one. The nominees who are media practitioners have been canvassing for votes to eventually be awardees. Our general counsel, Prince Olumide Akindiya is not left out as a preferred nominee for Legal Practitioner of the year for his contribution to humanity, especially media industry. MC of the event is Wale Adebayo known as Sango while Compere is Roseline Sanni Ajose.

While speaking to the media on the event, the convener Sola Olugbemiro said, he is happy to work with the 2018 team because they are very versatile in events of this nature, and that gives him the courage that we can make this edition the best so far.

According to plans, Lagos state Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode will be the Chief Host, Gov. Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa state is the guest speaker, with the theme, ‘The Role of Media in Ensuring Credible Elections and Maintenance of Good Governance’ while Gov. Muhammad Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State, Gov. Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe State, Gov. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike of Rivers state among others, are special guests of the day. Also Senator Solomon Adeola, Hon. Toke Benson, a virtuous woman from Ikeja constituency, who will be contesting for House of Reps. in Ikeja, Rt. Hon. Abubakar Kusada, Speaker, Katsina House of Assembly, HIM Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, Ooni of Ife, Hon Isah Ashiru Kudan, Sarkin Bai Zauzau, Senator Shehu Sani, Rt. Hon. Bello Muhammed (Matawalle), among others will be on hand to support the Chief Host, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode.

While speaking with Prince Olumide Akindiya, he responded, he will be at the event as it will be one of his big events he will attend after being to various awards events to receive awards here in Lagos, Kaduna and Abuja. To him, he is qualified to receive the award; apart from being a Lawyer, Notary, Writer, Speaker, he has been columnist with Business Hallmark Newspaper on law and has been offering pro bono services to some poorer people, media practitioners, celebs and associations since 2012 till date.

This prestigious media event has already been endorsed by corporate bodies such as MTN, 7-UP, SIFAX, Official drink h2o, Zenith bank etc. The Organisers will also give recognition of media-friendly personalities. The event will take place on September 23, 2018 at the prestigious B-Event Hall of the Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos. Red Carpet: 2.00 pm; Main event: 3.00 pm. Likely to be full of surprise and glamour.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

society

Tinubu Seeks Nigerians Forgiveness During Ramadan, Calls for National Reconciliation

Published

on

Tinubu Seeks Nigerians Forgiveness During Ramadan, Calls for National Reconciliation

By George Omagbemi Sylvester | Published by SaharaWeeklyNG

“At State House Tafsir in Abuja, President urges unity, tolerance, and prayers for stability as he reaffirms commitment to tackling Nigeria’s economic and security challenges.”

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appealed to Nigerians for forgiveness over any perceived wrongdoing, urging citizens to embrace reconciliation and unity during the holy month of Ramadan.

Speaking during a Ramadan Tafsir held at the State House in Abuja, the President said, “If I have sinned against you, forgive me as Nigerians,” stressing the importance of forgiveness, tolerance, and national cohesion.

Tinubu noted that Ramadan represents a period of spiritual reflection, self-discipline, and compassion, calling on Nigerians to use the season to promote peace and mutual understanding across religious and ethnic divides.

The President also encouraged citizens to pray for the nation’s stability and progress, reaffirming his administration’s commitment to addressing economic and security challenges facing the country.

The Ramadan Tafsir, an annual religious gathering attended by government officials, Islamic scholars, and dignitaries, forms part of activities marking the fasting period observed by Muslims worldwide.

Continue Reading

society

You Against Crime Founder Tayo Folorunsho Praises Winners of Abuja Schools Festival.

Published

on

You Against Crime Founder Tayo Folorunsho Praises Winners of Abuja Schools Festival.

 

Abuja, Nigeria – The maiden edition of the You Against Crime – Schools Festival 2026 Grand Finale has concluded, marking a significant milestone in youth engagement and crime prevention efforts across the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The event, held at the University of Abuja, brought together 78 secondary schools from the six Area Councils of Abuja, with the top six schools competing in the Grand Finale.

*Winners Emerge*

Tudunwada School, Bwari took the top spot, followed closely by The Golden Crest Royal in second place, and Government Secondary School, Kuje in third.

*CULTURE, THE CURE FOR CRIME*

The festival’s theme, “Culture, The Cure for Crime,” highlighted the importance of values, identity, mentorship, and positive engagement in preventing crime and shaping responsible citizenship among young people.

*DISTINGUISHED GUEST SPEAKERS*

Auwal Musa Rafsanjani, Chairman, Amnesty International, praised the initiative, saying, “This festival is a beacon of hope for our young people, promoting values and principles that can shape a brighter future for Nigeria.”

Aisha Mohammed, Head of Enlightenment & Re-orientation, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, emphasized the importance of mentorship, stating, “Empowering young people with the right guidance and opportunities is key to preventing crime and building a stronger nation.”

*PARTNERSHIP AND SUPPORT*

The 2026 Grand Finale Edition was proudly sponsored by Civicx Technology Ltd Int’l, reinforcing a shared commitment to youth empowerment and crime prevention through cultural reorientation and innovation.

Tayo Folorunsho, Host & Founder, You Against Crime International, addressing the media and appealed to government agencies to support initiatives like this, targeting young minds early.

You Against Crime International is a movement advocating cultural change as a long-term solution to crime. The organization remains committed to advancing youth development, civic responsibility, and nation-building across Nigeria.

You Against Crime Founder Tayo Folorunsho Praises Winners of Abuja Schools Festival.

Continue Reading

society

TICP Customs Launches Paperless Regime, Warns Against False Declarations

Published

on

TICP Customs Launches Paperless Regime, Warns Against False Declarations

 

The Customs Area Controller of Tin Can Island Port Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Comptroller Frank Onyeka, has launched a roadmap for the full implementation of a paperless regime at the command.

 

Onyeka disclosed this during a press briefing in Lagos, stating that the command was fully prepared for seamless digital operations ahead of the nationwide rollout scheduled for the second quarter of the year.

 

He described the engagement as the first in a series of consultations aimed at sensitising stakeholders on the strategies, operational framework and expectations under the new regime.

 

The controller commended the media for its constructive reportage since his assumption of office and sought continued collaboration to ensure the success of the initiative.

 

Presenting the command’s performance report, Onyeka said the Tin Can Island Command generated ₦609 billion in revenue in 2025, describing it as the highest in the history of the command.

 

He added that revenue collection rose from ₦116 billion recorded in January of the previous year to ₦145 billion in the corresponding period last month, representing an increase of over ₦29.9 billion.

 

Onyeka stated that his vision was to make the command known for trade efficiency, explaining that under the paperless regime, containers would be released without physical contact between Customs officers and clearing agents, provided declarations were accurate.

 

He credited the Comptroller-General of Customs, Bashir Adewale Adeniyi, for providing the leadership and strategic direction driving modernisation efforts across Customs formations nationwide.

 

The controller urged stakeholders to avoid false declarations and engage directly with the command to resolve concerns, emphasising that transparency and dialogue were essential to achieving efficient port operations.

 

He assured that consignments with clear scanning results and proper documentation would be released promptly, while those flagged by the risk management system would undergo physical examination, adding that the command would continue to collaborate with other agencies to reduce cargo dwell time and enhance port efficiency.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending