Prudential Zenith Life Insurance has launched a payment service which allows mobile phone customers in Nigeria to buy protection policies wherever they are.
Customers who dial *5966# on their mobile phones will be able to purchase a life insurance or hospital cash plan policy in a matter of minutes.
Speaking at the launch of the product at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the Chairman of Prudential Zenith Life, Mr. Jim Ovia (CON), said “We are pleased to announce this exciting and innovative initiative that will democratize access to insurance for all Nigerians. We are strongly committed to deepening financial inclusion”.
On his part, the Chief Executive Officer of Prudential Africa, Matt Lilley said: “We launched Prudential Zenith Life in 2017 to help minimize uncertainty from the lives of Nigerians. I believe that this service will make it easier for people to access life insurance cover that gives them and their families financial peace of mind, if an accident or the worst were to happen.”
Research shows that Nigerians are significantly underinsured despite the adoption of mobile phones for insurance purchase in several parts of the world. Only one per cent of Nigerians have insurance whilst more than 95 per cent of the population have mobile phones. Prudential Zenith Life seeks to increase the number of families that have financial protection by making it convenient to purchase insurance on their mobile phones.
Prudential Zenith Life Insurance Limited is part of Prudential Plc, one of the oldest and most strongly capitalised life insurance companies in the world. It provides a range of insurance and investment-linked savings products designed to suit corporate and individual customers’ budgets.
Prudential Zenith Life seeks to remove uncertainty from life’s big events, providing customers with the freedom to confront the future with greater confidence. It is equally committed to meeting the long-term savings and protection needs of families and businesses in Nigeria. Whether someone is starting a family, saving for a child’s education or planning for old age, Prudential Zenith Life provides customers with financial peace of mind.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: Communique of the Bureau of the Assembly of the African Union (AU) Heads of State and Government Teleconference on COVID-19, Held on 26 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 7 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Uganda today, Saturday 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Seychelles: New Case of COVID-19 Detected (28 March 2020) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Botswana: Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases statistics in Botswana as of 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: The Head of State Convened a Meeting of the Expanded Security Services Response Committee (Saturday 28 March) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Seven more people have tested positive of coronavirus, four Kenyans, two Congolese and one Chinese, bringing the total to 38 March 28, 2020
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 - 5pm EAT) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Press Statement on the Update of Coronavirus in the Country and Response Measures as at 28th March, 2020 March 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship
Entertainment6 months ago
“Why Ultrabest Dance School is the best in Nigeria”- Juliet Ugwoeje
news2 weeks ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor