Human Rights Lawyer, Femi Falana says he was not appointed as Minister in the Buhari-led govt because of some “ideological reason” He said this in an interview with The Interviewer magazine
“I was actually contacted. I was actually invited to come on board.
It took me appreciable time to make up my mind. Along the way, I was made to understand there were people who were opposed to my appointment for ideological reasons.
For me, it would have been a call to service, not to make money.
Those who believed that I should mobilize people to put in a word for me, or wanted me to speak to somebody I fought on principle several years ago were, of course, disappointed.
This guy actually headed one of the universities at a time students were killed. I had to support the students’ cause at that time.
You don’t then expect me to go to him and swallow my vomit. This is what I mean by the ideological price.”he said
Cover Of The Week
- United States to Provide $30.4 Million to Support Democratic Elections in Ethiopia February 28, 2020
- Dry replaces injured Visser at HSBC Los Angeles Sevens February 28, 2020
- Guinness PRO14 pressure continues to rise for South Africa (SA) teams February 28, 2020
- Orange and SES team up on O3b mPOWER Communications System and open a New Era for Satellite Connectivity Innovation February 28, 2020
- Hackathon Workshop February 28, 2020
- U.S. provides Defender patrol boats to Djiboutian Navy February 28, 2020
- Ramping up the fight against Fall Armyworm February 28, 2020
- Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs meets Egypt’s Assistant Foreign Minister for Human Rights and International Humanitarian and Social Affairs February 28, 2020
- Polish-Sudanese political consultations in Warsaw February 27, 2020
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Opens the Ethiopian Trade and Cultural Week February 27, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports7 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship