The Ogun State Governor has described retired Heads of Service and Permanent Secretaries, as a very important body to his administration, noting that the collective experience and the wealth of wisdom they possessed was unprecedented.
Prince Abiodun who made this known in his office, while receiving the Association of retired Heads of Service and Permanent Secretaries, said, the meeting, being the first meeting he would be having with past government officials, underscores the importance the body attached to the offices they held in the past, adding that the public service was largely responsible for governance.
He applauded the body for playing an important role at ensuring that the lessons of the past was well documented and published through the effort of various work groups into a report which he said he will make his bedtime story book.
” I am not surprised that our body of retired permanent secretaries and heads of service have provided and produced a book that says 40 years of monumental achievement in the Ogun State public service and indeed it is actually the first of its kind in any of the states’ public services.
” I also want to thank and commend you for this document that says perspective of moving Ogun state forward, that you have graciously put together and you have done so by tasking yourselves and creating committees amongst yourselves, I want to assure you that this will become my bedtime story book “, he said.
In his remark, the Chairman of the group, Otunba Babatunde Osokoya appreciated Governor Abiodun for receiving them, adding that, the antecedent and the pedigree of the governor in the private sector marked him out as someone, who has what it takes to lead the State.
He disclosed that the body had in the past, involved itself in settling issues bordering on industrial dispute between the government and the workforce, adding that they had been able to do the job positively.
Meanwhile, Governor Abiodun has commiserated with the Body of Permanent Secretaries over the loss of one of them, Mr. Olusegun Olaleye, who until his death was the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Finance.
Prince Abiodun, who described Olaleye as a dutiful public servant, who had put in his best for the State , said his demise had showed that death was inevitable, expressing his condolence to his immediate family and the body of Permanent Secretaries.
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today