The lawmaker representing Ijebu North/Ijebu East/Ogun Waterside Federal Constituency, Hon. Adekoya Adesegun Abdel-Majid on Tuesday emerged the Deputy Minority Whip of the 9th House of Representatives.
Hon. Adekoya has been the favourite candidate and choice of the majority of 147 members of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP) in the House of Representatives.
A total of One Hundred and Eleven House of Representatives minority members endorsed Hon. Adekoya on the floor of the House.
Hon. Adekoya joined grassroot politics and was elected Councillor of Ward F2 in Somolu Local Government, Lagos State in 1996. Within the same period, he was the Supervisory Councillor and later elected as Vice Chairman of the same Local Government.
In December 1996, Kosofe Local Government was carved out of Somolu Local Government,Lagos State and he became the First Executive Chairman of Kosofe Local Government, Lagos State from March 24, 1997 to July 20, 1998.
After his tenure as Chairman, Hon. Adekoya was appointed as Personal Assistant to Jubril Martins-Kuye, the Minister of State for Finance in Abuja where he served from 1999 to 2003.In 2003, he was appointed by Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State as Commissioner 1 in Local Government Service Commission from 2003 to 2007. He was later reappointed as Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs from 2007 to 2008.
After a minor cabinet reshuffle, he was drafted to the State Ministry of Works as Commissioner where he served from 2008 to 2011.
He is a member of the National Executive Council (NEC) of Nigeria’s main opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), the highest decision-making organ of the party.
Hon Adekoya was a member of the 8th National Assembly in the House of Representatives, Abuja. He was the Vice Chairman of House Committee on Land Transport and Chairman several other Ad-hoc committees of the House. He joined the race again in 2019 and was popularly elected with a wide margin.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (578,734) deaths (12,996), and recoveries (287,563) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (11th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Uganda is 1025 July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kenya is 9726 July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (11th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Use of KMTC Kwale for COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Facility July 12, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education4 weeks ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries