The lawmaker representing Ijebu North/Ijebu East/Ogun Waterside Federal Constituency, Hon. Adekoya Adesegun Abdel-Majid on Tuesday emerged the Deputy Minority Whip of the 9th House of Representatives.
Hon. Adekoya has been the favourite candidate and choice of the majority of 147 members of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP) in the House of Representatives.
A total of One Hundred and Eleven House of Representatives minority members endorsed Hon. Adekoya on the floor of the House.
Hon. Adekoya joined grassroot politics and was elected Councillor of Ward F2 in Somolu Local Government, Lagos State in 1996. Within the same period, he was the Supervisory Councillor and later elected as Vice Chairman of the same Local Government.
In December 1996, Kosofe Local Government was carved out of Somolu Local Government,Lagos State and he became the First Executive Chairman of Kosofe Local Government, Lagos State from March 24, 1997 to July 20, 1998.
After his tenure as Chairman, Hon. Adekoya was appointed as Personal Assistant to Jubril Martins-Kuye, the Minister of State for Finance in Abuja where he served from 1999 to 2003.In 2003, he was appointed by Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State as Commissioner 1 in Local Government Service Commission from 2003 to 2007. He was later reappointed as Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs from 2007 to 2008.
After a minor cabinet reshuffle, he was drafted to the State Ministry of Works as Commissioner where he served from 2008 to 2011.
He is a member of the National Executive Council (NEC) of Nigeria’s main opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), the highest decision-making organ of the party.
Hon Adekoya was a member of the 8th National Assembly in the House of Representatives, Abuja. He was the Vice Chairman of House Committee on Land Transport and Chairman several other Ad-hoc committees of the House. He joined the race again in 2019 and was popularly elected with a wide margin.
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today