The lawmaker representing Ijebu North/Ijebu East/Ogun Waterside Federal Constituency, Hon. Adekoya Adesegun Abdel-Majid on Tuesday emerged the Deputy Minority Whip of the 9th House of Representatives.
Hon. Adekoya has been the favourite candidate and choice of the majority of 147 members of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP) in the House of Representatives.
A total of One Hundred and Eleven House of Representatives minority members endorsed Hon. Adekoya on the floor of the House.
Hon. Adekoya joined grassroot politics and was elected Councillor of Ward F2 in Somolu Local Government, Lagos State in 1996. Within the same period, he was the Supervisory Councillor and later elected as Vice Chairman of the same Local Government.
In December 1996, Kosofe Local Government was carved out of Somolu Local Government,Lagos State and he became the First Executive Chairman of Kosofe Local Government, Lagos State from March 24, 1997 to July 20, 1998.
After his tenure as Chairman, Hon. Adekoya was appointed as Personal Assistant to Jubril Martins-Kuye, the Minister of State for Finance in Abuja where he served from 1999 to 2003.In 2003, he was appointed by Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State as Commissioner 1 in Local Government Service Commission from 2003 to 2007. He was later reappointed as Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs from 2007 to 2008.
After a minor cabinet reshuffle, he was drafted to the State Ministry of Works as Commissioner where he served from 2008 to 2011.
He is a member of the National Executive Council (NEC) of Nigeria’s main opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), the highest decision-making organ of the party.
Hon Adekoya was a member of the 8th National Assembly in the House of Representatives, Abuja. He was the Vice Chairman of House Committee on Land Transport and Chairman several other Ad-hoc committees of the House. He joined the race again in 2019 and was popularly elected with a wide margin.
Rainoil Lauds Hymnodia, Celebrates Season 1 Finalists in Grand Style
OBASEKI AND THE POLITICAL CHESS GAME IN EDO STATE
SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEET, SEEK SOLUTION TO SECURITY CHALLENGES
Imo leaders reject traditional ruler
“No matter how much we make my share is N8,000 since I joined the gang”-suspect Confesses
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends Revolution Day greetings to Egypt July 23, 2019
- 30 Chadian Journalists Trained This Month, Topping 600 Trainees in West and Central Africa Since 2018 July 23, 2019
- Joint Statement: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General António Vitorino and UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi Welcome Consensus on Need for Action on Libya, Mediterranean July 23, 2019
- Amnesty International to hold its highest decision-making meeting in Johannesburg July 23, 2019
- FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Announces First Regional Forum in Rwanda July 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation launches first ‘Merck Foundation Health Media Training’ and Media and Fashion Awards in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi to break infertility stigma in the country July 23, 2019
- First Reception Centre for Victims of Trafficking Opens in Niger July 23, 2019
- UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops July 23, 2019
- IOM Launches Quality Control Centre in Nairobi July 23, 2019
- Boko Haram conflict causing misery to millions 10 years on July 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others