The lawmaker representing Ijebu North/Ijebu East/Ogun Waterside Federal Constituency, Hon. Adekoya Adesegun Abdel-Majid on Tuesday emerged the Deputy Minority Whip of the 9th House of Representatives.
Hon. Adekoya has been the favourite candidate and choice of the majority of 147 members of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP) in the House of Representatives.
A total of One Hundred and Eleven House of Representatives minority members endorsed Hon. Adekoya on the floor of the House.
Hon. Adekoya joined grassroot politics and was elected Councillor of Ward F2 in Somolu Local Government, Lagos State in 1996. Within the same period, he was the Supervisory Councillor and later elected as Vice Chairman of the same Local Government.
In December 1996, Kosofe Local Government was carved out of Somolu Local Government,Lagos State and he became the First Executive Chairman of Kosofe Local Government, Lagos State from March 24, 1997 to July 20, 1998.
After his tenure as Chairman, Hon. Adekoya was appointed as Personal Assistant to Jubril Martins-Kuye, the Minister of State for Finance in Abuja where he served from 1999 to 2003.In 2003, he was appointed by Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State as Commissioner 1 in Local Government Service Commission from 2003 to 2007. He was later reappointed as Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs from 2007 to 2008.
After a minor cabinet reshuffle, he was drafted to the State Ministry of Works as Commissioner where he served from 2008 to 2011.
He is a member of the National Executive Council (NEC) of Nigeria’s main opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), the highest decision-making organ of the party.
Hon Adekoya was a member of the 8th National Assembly in the House of Representatives, Abuja. He was the Vice Chairman of House Committee on Land Transport and Chairman several other Ad-hoc committees of the House. He joined the race again in 2019 and was popularly elected with a wide margin.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS