Sadly , over 50 motorcycle riders from the north stormed Apapa-Iganmu Local Council development office and wreck havoc on the complex .
Information available to us revealed that the Okada riders who are Hausa youths stormed the LG area office of the council, located at Marine Beach, Lagos, on Thursday, 9th January 2020, to protest the seizure of their colleagues’ ‘Okadas’ by some council officials over non-payment of ‘Riders Permit’.
The incident happened at about 5 pm on Thursday when the Hausa ‘Okada’ riders in large numbers, on their ‘Okadas’ bombarded the Area Office of the council, throwing bottles and opened the gate forcefully to unleash terror on the council officials.
A source who spoke anonymously on the scenario claimed that while they were trying to force the gate open, the council officials who sensed danger took to their heels and escaped through the fence.
Immediately they forced themselves inside the compound which also housed a primary school building, the angry riders’ vandalized properties worth millions of naira, took away the seized ‘Okadas’, carted away some sewing machines used for vocational training and set the office ablaze.
It was the quick intervention of the members of the Federal Fire Service who arrested the situation.
Cover Of The Week
- USAID launches ‘Water for Agriculture’ Activity promotes livelihoods for farmers in the Northeast January 22, 2020
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF), and CITI Foundation team up to invest in Young African Social Entrepreneurs January 22, 2020
- Canon Secures Two New Partnerships Underlining Commitment to Egyptian Market January 22, 2020
- Chinese and Sierra Leonean Friends Celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year Together January 22, 2020
- South Africa's International Relations and Cooperation Ministry Receives Copy of Credentials of Qatari Ambassador January 22, 2020
- Afro-disruption: 6 reasons to book for BizTrendsLIVE!2020 January 22, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Lieutenant General Daniel Sidiki Traoré of Burkina Faso as Force Commander of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic January 22, 2020
- Talented squad named for South Africa (SA) Rugby Academy alignment camp January 22, 2020
- Minister hails UK-Morocco future January 22, 2020
- UK aid contributes £3 million to help feed Burundian refugees in Rwanda January 22, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria