The National leadership of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) has dissolved the Lagos state chapter of the Association and put in place a 23- man caretaker committee.
National President of the Association, Comrade Osakpanwan Eriyo and Comrade Yusuf Adeniyi said Alhaji Suleiman Onabanjo is to head the caretaker committee while Akhigbe Augustine will serve as Secretary in a statement.
The statement said that the dissolution followed the expiration of the five year tenure of the executive.
It reads:”We want to use this opportunity to congratulate the outgoing executive of RTEAN, Lagos State for successful completion of their tenure in office.
“I thank the chairman and the members of the outgoing executive for keeping with the tenets of the association during their tenure and more Importantly, the Almighty God for his grace and mercy for preserving our lives and for us to see this day.
“It will be recalled that the outgoing executive of Lagos State Branch of RTEAN was inaugurated in the year 2014 and in line with Article 9 (a) and (c) of RTEAN Constitution which provides that an executive member of RTEAN shall hold office for a period of 5 years (60 calendar months). The tenure of this outgoing executive have elapsed.
“Upon the expiration of their tenure in office, the present Lagos State Executive Council of RTEAN stands dissolved in accordance with Articie 9(e) and (i) of the RTEAN Constitution.
“‘Based on the powers vested me as the Executive National President of R.T EA.N hereby dissolve the Lagos State Executive Branch of RTEAN, their tenure in office having expired. Consequently, I hereby inaugurate the care-taker committee to hold office and manage same from now to the time a new executive of Lagos State Branch of R.T.E.A.N. emerge.
“In line with Article 6 (20) (h) and (i) of the constitution of R.T.E.A.N, I hereby appoint the following persons as members of Lagos State Caretaker Committee.”
Members of the caretaker committee include Alhaji Suleman Onabanjo (Chairman), Seriki Isiaka Ayobanji (Deputy Chairman), Akhigbe Augustine (Secretary), Alhaji Segun Jolaosho (Treasurer) and Afam Anere (Public Relations Officer).
Comrade Henry Ejiofor, Alhaji Jire Oyebode, Abdulraman Onikejipa, Samson Deen Ajala Kaosara, Alhaji Abu Seriki, Pius Uhunamure, Seyi Bamigbose, Taofeek Ajayi, Adewale Tajudeen, Babatunde Olufemi, Olusegun Gboyega, Tope Akinfaderin, Sogunro Kehide, Augustine Aiwansoba, Yomi Afinni, Rotimi Okunowo, Victor Ehimare and Mohammed Abubakar are to serve as Member
Germany-based writer, Nkiru Homann recounts life at almost 50, set to launch book
GTBank Releases Q3 2019 Unaudited Results…….. Reports Profit before tax of ₦170.7 Billion
FIRSTBANK HOSTS FINTECH SUMMIT 3.0
Ogun: Abiodun Offers Immediate Employment For Ilaro Polytechnic Best Graduating Student
Stakeholders task FG on economy
Cover Of The Week
- Scholarship for Orphaned Students October 16, 2019
- Concerned about their representation, Wau women seek strength in unity October 16, 2019
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Press Statement on the situation in Guinea-Bissau October 16, 2019
- Inauguration of the new living space at the French Residence with Roche Bobois October 16, 2019
- Elections in Tunisia October 16, 2019
- H.E. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland made official visit to Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- Hackathon Workshop on “Election” Challenge in Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- “Local Governments at the Forefront in the Fight against Climate Change in Africa” October 16, 2019
- The Ambassador of Kazakhstan presented letters of credence to the President of South Africa October 16, 2019
- On World Food Day, Government and United Nations highlight healthy diets in South Sudan October 16, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin