The National leadership of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) has dissolved the Lagos state chapter of the Association and put in place a 23- man caretaker committee.
National President of the Association, Comrade Osakpanwan Eriyo and Comrade Yusuf Adeniyi said Alhaji Suleiman Onabanjo is to head the caretaker committee while Akhigbe Augustine will serve as Secretary in a statement.
The statement said that the dissolution followed the expiration of the five year tenure of the executive.
It reads:”We want to use this opportunity to congratulate the outgoing executive of RTEAN, Lagos State for successful completion of their tenure in office.
“I thank the chairman and the members of the outgoing executive for keeping with the tenets of the association during their tenure and more Importantly, the Almighty God for his grace and mercy for preserving our lives and for us to see this day.
“It will be recalled that the outgoing executive of Lagos State Branch of RTEAN was inaugurated in the year 2014 and in line with Article 9 (a) and (c) of RTEAN Constitution which provides that an executive member of RTEAN shall hold office for a period of 5 years (60 calendar months). The tenure of this outgoing executive have elapsed.
“Upon the expiration of their tenure in office, the present Lagos State Executive Council of RTEAN stands dissolved in accordance with Articie 9(e) and (i) of the RTEAN Constitution.
“‘Based on the powers vested me as the Executive National President of R.T EA.N hereby dissolve the Lagos State Executive Branch of RTEAN, their tenure in office having expired. Consequently, I hereby inaugurate the care-taker committee to hold office and manage same from now to the time a new executive of Lagos State Branch of R.T.E.A.N. emerge.
“In line with Article 6 (20) (h) and (i) of the constitution of R.T.E.A.N, I hereby appoint the following persons as members of Lagos State Caretaker Committee.”
Members of the caretaker committee include Alhaji Suleman Onabanjo (Chairman), Seriki Isiaka Ayobanji (Deputy Chairman), Akhigbe Augustine (Secretary), Alhaji Segun Jolaosho (Treasurer) and Afam Anere (Public Relations Officer).
Comrade Henry Ejiofor, Alhaji Jire Oyebode, Abdulraman Onikejipa, Samson Deen Ajala Kaosara, Alhaji Abu Seriki, Pius Uhunamure, Seyi Bamigbose, Taofeek Ajayi, Adewale Tajudeen, Babatunde Olufemi, Olusegun Gboyega, Tope Akinfaderin, Sogunro Kehide, Augustine Aiwansoba, Yomi Afinni, Rotimi Okunowo, Victor Ehimare and Mohammed Abubakar are to serve as Member
Cover Of The Week
- True business resilience demands fresh perspectives and putting best practice top of mind (By Dr. Ibrahim Abduba) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (2nd June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (2 June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (153,325) deaths (4,356), and recoveries (64,793) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 Updates (Tuesday, 2nd June 2020, Time: 11:00) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Namibia: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks with President of Namibia Dr. Hage G. Geingob June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update, 1st June 2020 June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: COVID-19 ventilators provided to help Somalia fight pandemic June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Provincial Breakdown of Cases in South Africa (2nd June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Notification Note on COVID-19 Situational Update – 2nd June 2020 June 2, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news3 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award