Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
A private socio-economic club in Ogun-state, known as The Sagamites Club, has announced the launch of its annual leadership conference and business support initiative for local businesses in and around, Sagamu, Remo, Ogun state.
This prestigious club made up of business executives from across various sectors of the economy have taken it upon themselves to enrich their community and commercially empower its citizens.
At the press conference announcing this initiative yesterday were Seni Adetu, President of the Club, supported by Col. Duro Oyebanjo (rtd), Engineer Funbi Dawodu, Mr. Dimeji Oresanya and Prince Timothy Oke-owo, among other members. Speaking at the occasion, Mr. Adetu mentioned that the main empowerment conference will hold on Sunday 27th Octoberand will involve mentorship sessions for youth in the environment. Notable among business leaders in the private and public sectors that have been invited to share their career experiences at the event are Prof. Toyin Ogundipe, Vice Chancellor University of Lagos, Mr. Tokunbo Talabi, Secretary to the government of Ogun State, Mr. Segun Ogunsanya Managing Director/CEO, Airtel Nigeria Plc and Mr. Fatai Folarin CEO Deloitte Nigeria & West Africa.
Furthermore, Mr. Adetu disclosed that on the 27th October, the club would announce the award of its business support funds to 10 most qualified would-be-entrepreneurs, who will be selected based on merit and business proposition.
Mr. Adetu said “it is a privilege to support the less-privileged; we are inspired by the fact that we are positioned to be of help in changing the narrative of our community youth, from the lamentation of unemployment and perceived laziness, 419ners and drugs-consuming youth, to that of powerfully and gainfully employed young adults”.
It will be recalled that the Sagamites club was founded in 1972 and has since then been a major force for good in the Remo community and indeed Ogun State.
ABIODUN CONGRATULATES BELLO, LYON
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Delta Muslim Community Visits Labour Minister, Festus Kayamo At Home
Cover Of The Week
- Young people take over offices of UNICEF and Uganda Human Rights Commission as they celebrate World Children’s Day November 18, 2019
- The European Union (EU) Ambassador visits Seychelles for the second time in one month: A second visit focused on Maritime Security and Climate Change November 18, 2019
- UNAMID Joint Special Representative to hold press conference in Khartoum November 18, 2019
- Children’s rights progress in the Middle East and North Africa despite lasting inequality and conflict November 18, 2019
- $1 Million Awarded to African Entrepreneurs in Grand Finale of the Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative November 17, 2019
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today