Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has congratulated a former Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro on the occasion of his 60 years birthday celebration.
Governor Sanwo-Olu, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Gboyega Akosile on Tuesday described the former Nigeria High Commissioner to Ghana as a seasoned politician and an administrator, who used his positions for development of Lagos State and Nigeria at large.
The Governor said Senator Obanikoro contributed immensely to the growth and development of Lagos State as a council chairman, commissioner, distinguished Senator and minister.
He said: “Senator Musiliu Obanikoro started his political journey with the progressives, later pitched tent with the opposition but as a true supporter of progressive ideals, returned to the All Progressives Congress where he’s currently contributing his quota for the progress of the party.
Governor Sanwo-Olu added that Senator Obanikoro made great achievements as council Chairman and as Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture between 1999 and 2003.
“During your four years in the Senate, you contributed immensely to legislative business in the Red Chamber. As Senator, you proposed motions on the surge and overflow of the Atlantic Ocean along the Bar beach shoreline, to protect Lagos State from the menace of flood and resolution of the clash between men of the Nigerian Police Force and men of the Nigerian Army in Lagos State.
“We cherish your worldview on democracy as system of government established for the attainment of sustainable development for the people. As a true democrat, in February 2015, you were among the senators who urged then African Union chairman, President Olusegun Obasanjo, to use military force if necessary to restore democracy in Togo.”
“As you celebrate your 60th birthday, I pray that God will increase you in good health to enable you render more service to humanity.”
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
JULY 28, 2020
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries