Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has congratulated a former Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro on the occasion of his 60 years birthday celebration.
Governor Sanwo-Olu, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Gboyega Akosile on Tuesday described the former Nigeria High Commissioner to Ghana as a seasoned politician and an administrator, who used his positions for development of Lagos State and Nigeria at large.
The Governor said Senator Obanikoro contributed immensely to the growth and development of Lagos State as a council chairman, commissioner, distinguished Senator and minister.
He said: “Senator Musiliu Obanikoro started his political journey with the progressives, later pitched tent with the opposition but as a true supporter of progressive ideals, returned to the All Progressives Congress where he’s currently contributing his quota for the progress of the party.
Governor Sanwo-Olu added that Senator Obanikoro made great achievements as council Chairman and as Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture between 1999 and 2003.
“During your four years in the Senate, you contributed immensely to legislative business in the Red Chamber. As Senator, you proposed motions on the surge and overflow of the Atlantic Ocean along the Bar beach shoreline, to protect Lagos State from the menace of flood and resolution of the clash between men of the Nigerian Police Force and men of the Nigerian Army in Lagos State.
“We cherish your worldview on democracy as system of government established for the attainment of sustainable development for the people. As a true democrat, in February 2015, you were among the senators who urged then African Union chairman, President Olusegun Obasanjo, to use military force if necessary to restore democracy in Togo.”
“As you celebrate your 60th birthday, I pray that God will increase you in good health to enable you render more service to humanity.”
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
JULY 28, 2020
Cover Of The Week
- African Development Bank (AfDB) President Akinwumi Adesina’s Speech at the Federal Inland Revenue Service Tax Dialogue January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Uganda: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- OUT NOW! 2ND edition of “Billions at play” outlining the road to recovery for the African Oil and Gas Sector, post Covid-19 January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Save the Children welcomes decline in violations against children in South Sudan January 21, 2021
Politics2 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro5 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports5 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi