Three robberry suspects identified as Obinna Opara, 32; Kalanwa Goodluck, 32; and Chimamkpa Eziria, 17 who operate in NYSC uniforms have been arrested by SARS operatives in Imo State.
One locally made pistol and one foreign made pistol, were recovered from the robbery suspects who operate in NYSC uniforms. Imo State Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi, who paraded the suspects before newsmen, said that one Mrs Maria Chijioke and occupants of a Toyota Sienna were recent victims of the suspects.
“The suspects were arrested between January 21 and 24, at Umerelu Ikwerre Local Government Area in Rivers State, as well as at Mgbeshi in Ohaji and Egbema LGA of Imo State.
“They have made useful statements to the police and confessed to robbing and kidnapping unsuspecting road users along Port-Harcourt-Owerri Road. They also confessed to wearing NYSC uniforms and stopping drivers to seek assistance from them after which they would kidnap occupants of such vehicles for ransom” he said.
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS