Three robberry suspects identified as Obinna Opara, 32; Kalanwa Goodluck, 32; and Chimamkpa Eziria, 17 who operate in NYSC uniforms have been arrested by SARS operatives in Imo State.
One locally made pistol and one foreign made pistol, were recovered from the robbery suspects who operate in NYSC uniforms. Imo State Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi, who paraded the suspects before newsmen, said that one Mrs Maria Chijioke and occupants of a Toyota Sienna were recent victims of the suspects.
“The suspects were arrested between January 21 and 24, at Umerelu Ikwerre Local Government Area in Rivers State, as well as at Mgbeshi in Ohaji and Egbema LGA of Imo State.
“They have made useful statements to the police and confessed to robbing and kidnapping unsuspecting road users along Port-Harcourt-Owerri Road. They also confessed to wearing NYSC uniforms and stopping drivers to seek assistance from them after which they would kidnap occupants of such vehicles for ransom” he said.
Sanwo-Olu at 54: Celebrating A Man On Mission For A Greater Lagos
Tade Ogidan, Lancelot Imasuen, BFA Students Others Win Big At Lekki Film Festival Awards
OUR POROUS BORDER WORRISOME- DAPO ABIODUN
INSECURITY: SANWO-OLU, SOUTH WEST GOVERNORS RENEW CALL FOR STATE POLICE
Accra Fashion Week’s ‘Year Of Return’ Welcomes Foreign Brands Clavon Leonard, Chivalrouz, Tolumi TFP & More
Cover Of The Week
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed congratulates Mauritania's President-elect June 26, 2019
- 300,000 displaced following fresh violence in DR Congo June 26, 2019
- Floods and Intercommunal Violence in Central Mali: Thousands of Displaced Persons Await Humanitarian Assistance June 26, 2019
- Thousands fleeing new Congo violence, Uganda refugee facilities dangerously stretched June 26, 2019
- Sierra Leone: Amnesty International joins legal challenge against government ban on pregnant girls attending school June 25, 2019
- German Government continues supporting economic development in the Republic of Namibia June 25, 2019
- Rugby – Zimbabwe: Womens Under-20 Rugby Series Kicks Off on Wednesday June 25, 2019
- Tiny fish are a big deal in Africa’s lakes and rivers June 25, 2019
- Govt. of Japan avails US$1.5million towards treatment of malnutrition in Sierra Leone June 25, 2019
- African Development Bank approves USD 24.7 million for Water and Sanitation Development in South Sudan June 25, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank