news
SECURITY OF LIVES, PROPERTY MY BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT IN THREE YEARS – AMBODE
…Buratai Lauds Lagos Gov’s Developmental Drive, Support For Security Agencies
…As Army Opens Base In Epe
Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday described the security of lives and property of residents as the biggest achievement of his administration in the last three years, saying it was gratifying to note that the State is now the safest in Africa.
Speaking at the commissioning of a Forward Operating Base (FOB) of the Nigerian Army in Epe, Governor Ambode said the combined investment of his administration in the security architecture of the State and efforts of security agencies had resulted in peaceful atmosphere for residents and visitors.
The Governor, who recalled the days of kidnapping, cultism and other security challenges in Ikorodu and Epe axis, said it was satisfying that the activities of criminal elements such as militants, among others had been confined to history in the State.
“As I mark my own three years in office tomorrow (Tuesday), I can say significantly that if there is anything that I have actually achieved in these three years is the security and safety of lives and property in Lagos State.
“There is no way that could have been possible and that is why I say it quietly and openly if not for the support and cooperation of all the security agencies and most significantly the efforts of the Nigerian Army which is actually hidden underground but visibly seen by everything that is going on here,” he said.
Recalling his early days in office, the Governor said his first major task was how to address kidnapping and other nefarious activities perpetrated by militants in Ishawo axis, adding that a Military Base was eventually set up as well as Military Operation code-named “Operation Awatse.”
“At the beginning, the issue of kidnapping and cultism was actually in this eastern axis between Epe and Ikorodu but with the efforts that we have seen and visible to all of us, it has become a thing of the past and we are very grateful to the Nigerian Army.
“I want to quickly recollect that my first task was the issue of kidnapping that was so notorious in area of Ishawo in Ikorodu and there and then, we had the support of the Nigerian Army to set up a small base and we had to also take over property of some of those militants to accommodate the Military Base,” he recalled.
He said crime rate had drastically reduced in the State, and that no efforts would be spared in sustaining the peace in the State.
“I must say the last three years have been very peaceful and everybody would agree that crime rate has reduced in Lagos. We need to sustain it because at the end of the day that is what really grows our GDP and that is what makes other people to want to come to Lagos and I can clearly and openly declare that Lagos right now is the safest city across Africa,” the Governor said.
While alluding to how former military barrack in Epe was closed, Governor Ambode described the commissioning of the FOB as historic and significant considering the fact that it was witnessed by traditional rulers and community leaders in the area, saying the development was a new dawn for community relationship with the Army in the axis.
Besides, the Governor lauded the General Officer Commanding in charge of 81 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Enobong Udoh for his steadfastness in promoting peace in the State, just as he reiterated commitment to continually support the Military and other security agencies in the State.
“I want to openly say I will support the second FOB that is coming up in Ikorodu and if there is any need for us to give further support for gunboat engines or infrastructure, you can count on us that we would support anything that will keep the lives and property of our people safe at all times.
“Our support for Operation Awatse is continual and we would support every other thing that is necessary and also beyond this, we would also support the welfare of all the security agencies that are operating in Lagos so that we can continue to have peace.
“What we are seeing is a new strategy to keep our outer spaces safer than ever before and we need the Military presence in Ikorodu, in Epe and all the outer spaces so that we can go away from the central protection and also make every other place in Lagos livable and also economically viable,” the Governor said.
Governor Ambode also commended the new initiative by the Nigerian Army to promote human security alongside national security, saying the State Government was solidly behind any initiative aimed at ensuring unity of the country.
Earlier in his remarks, Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Tukur Buratai commended Governor Ambode for the support to security agencies and the massive infrastructural development across the length and breadth of the State, saying the initiatives of the Governor were laudable.
“We really want to thank you (Governor Ambode) for the transformation and development going on in Lagos State.
“We acknowledge the transformation in Lagos and we say thank you,” Buratai said.
He said the FOB was set up to enhance security in the axis, and as well help to facilitate other military formations that would soon be moved to the area.
news
Journalists for Good Governance Shines Searchlight on Local Government Administration
Journalists for Good Governance Shines Searchlight on Local Government Administration
…Calls for Accountability in Nigeria’s Grassroots Governance
LAGOS, Nigeria — A civil society coalition known as Journalists for Good Governance(JGG) has intensified public debate on transparency and accountability within Nigeria’s local government system, urging media professionals, civil society actors, and citizens to hold grassroots leaders accountable.
Speaking an event in Lagos recently, the acting chairman of the society, Comrade Bunmi Obarotimi said that despite reforms such as the Supreme Court’s 2024 ruling granting financial autonomy to all 774 Local Government Areas (LGAs), systemic challenges continues to hinder effective service delivery and responsible stewardship of public funds.
“Local governments are the closest tier of government to the people — yet too often they remain the least transparent. Without civic oversight and vibrant media, promises of autonomy ring hollow.” the acting chairman said.
The Journalist for Good Governance emphasised crucial roles that journalists can play in uncovering discrepancies in council spending, flagging poor service delivery, and educating citizens on their rights. Their call comes amid wider efforts by media and civic organisations to bridge accountability gaps. The civil society initiatives had previously launched monitoring campaigns to track local government expenditures and have been quietly advocating for transparency in how public money is deployed.
The leaders of the Journalists for Good Governance (JGG) highlighted the importance of physical assessment and citizens engagement on projects to boost people’s confidence, urging local councils to adopt open data platforms and proactive information dissemination in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act. Experts say the majority of LGAs currently lack operational websites or digital portals, further limiting public scrutiny.
The Journalists for Good Governance initiative aligns with sustained advocacy by civil society groups and governance experts calling for a collective approach to strengthening democratic accountability, and has decided to engage in critical and holistic assessments of how Local Governments is being run and the impact and quality of projects they embark-on and to address deficits in transparency and public trust.
Meanwhile, some state governments have signalled support for improved community engagement. In Lagos State, authorities reiterated a commitment to enhancing community media platforms as vehicles for civic participation and accountability at the grassroots level.
The renewed spotlight on local government administration has reignited public debate over fiscal responsibility and priorities. Controversies such as the widely criticised Adamawa council chairmen’s wives trip to Istanbul — which drew public outrage for perceived misuse of public funds — underscore why watchdog groups say stronger oversight mechanisms are urgently needed at the grassroots.
Citizens and activists have welcomed the journalists’ initiative, calling for sustained media engagement that goes beyond headlines to influence policy and accountability reform.
The civic rights advocates note that real change will require robust legal frameworks, a free press, and empowered communities equipped to demand transparency at every level of governance.
As Journalists for Good Governance mobilises its members, the coming months are likely to see heightened media attention on grassroots administration — from council budgets and service delivery to the enforcement of public information laws and digital transparency initiatives.
news
ANOTHER PROPHECY FULFILLMENT BY PROPHET KINGSLEY AITAFO OVER THE EXIT OF DR. KENOLY, ANNOUNCING FEBRUARY’S OPEN PROPHETIC REVIVAL
ANOTHER PROPHECY FULFILLMENT BY PROPHET KINGSLEY AITAFO OVER THE EXIT OF DR. KENOLY, ANNOUNCING FEBRUARY’S OPEN PROPHETIC REVIVAL
– Another Prophecy Fulfillment by Prophet Kingsley Aitafo Following the Passing of Ron Kenoly Ahead of February Open Prophetic Revival
– Prophet Kingsley Aitafo Records Another Prophecy Fulfillment as February Open Prophetic Revival Is Announced
In the released prophecies for 2026, renowned Nigerian cleric, Prophet Kingsley Aitafo, shared a series of revelations touching on Nigeria’s economy, global events, political transitions, natural disasters, religious transformations, and the future of world leaders.
During a special prophetic session, the prophet stated that he foresaw the departure of two world-renowned musicians in 2026 and urged the Nigerian people and the global community to pray for them.
He urged Nigerians and everyone around the globe to pray for the musicians, among other prophecies, and already gave insight concerning them.
On February 3, 2026, American gospel singer, songwriter, and worship leader Ron Kenoly passed away at the age of 81. Widely known as the “Professor of Praise,” Kenoly was celebrated for anthems such as “Majesty” and “Lift Him Up,” which have significantly influenced modern congregational worship around the world.
He was recognized as a pioneer of the contemporary praise and worship movement, leading Scripture-based worship services that became widely adopted in churches across different nations and cultures.
The development has been described by followers of Prophet Kingsley Aitafo as a confirmation of the prophecy earlier declared in the year.
Meanwhile, Prophet Kingsley Aitafo, leader and shepherd in charge of Oneness in Christ, in conjunction with CCC Living Grace Tabernacle, invites everyone to its February Open Revival. It is a prophetic service determined to change lives through miracles, healings, signs, and wonders.
It is not an ordinary service; it is another time for a divine encounter where your faith is strengthened, prayers are answered, and breakthroughs and favour are about to rain. With its theme — Jesus Christ is the same forever — the revival is promised to release the power of Jesus Christ like never before. It is a period of shift and divine encounter.
This revival service is said to hold on the 25th of February, 2026, from 5pm – 8pm at 20, Showole Street, Ewupe, Singer Sango, Ogun State.
It is a season where God is ready to reveal Himself like never before. Members of the public are invited to attend.
news
GEN CHRISTOPHER GWABIN MUSA SUPPORT INITIATIVE COMMENDS STATE-FEDERAL COLLABORATION IN ZAMFARA
GEN CHRISTOPHER GWABIN MUSA SUPPORT INITIATIVE COMMENDS STATE-FEDERAL COLLABORATION IN ZAMFARA
The Gen Christopher Gwabin Musa Support Initiative (GCGMSI) has commended the Zamfara State Government for its decisive contribution to security operations through the donation of newly acquired armoured personnel carriers (APCs), surveillance drones, and other critical operational equipment to troops and security agencies in the state.
This commendation was contained in a statement signed by the Convener of the GCGMSI, Ibrahim Dahiru Danfulani, Sadaukin Garkuwan Keffi/Betara Biu, and made available to the press.
The equipment was formally commissioned on Wednesday, February 18, by the Grand Patron of the GCGMSI and Minister of Defence, General Christopher Gwabin Musa, OFR (rtd.), in a ceremony at the Government House, Gusau. The event was attended by senior military officers, heads of security agencies, and top officials of the Zamfara State Government.
The GCGMSI, in its statement, hailed the donation as a “transformative and timely intervention” that aligns perfectly with its core objective of advocating for and supporting tangible measures that enhance the operational capacity and welfare of Nigeria’s security forces. The Initiative praised Governor Dauda Lawal’s administration for moving beyond rhetoric to actionable, material support, describing the move as a “blueprint for state-level collaboration in national security.”
“The provision of these assets by the Zamfara State Government is a testament to visionary leadership and a profound commitment to the peace and stability of its people,” the GCGMSI statement read. “It represents the exact kind of synergistic partnership between state and federal authorities that the GCGMSI champions. This initiative will significantly close operational gaps, boost the confidence of our gallant troops, and send a strong message to criminal elements.”
Speaking at the commissioning, General Musa emphasized that sustained collaboration is indispensable in confronting the nation’s evolving security challenges. He specifically commended Governor Lawal for his proactive support.
“Governor Dauda Lawal has demonstrated exemplary leadership and an unwavering dedication to the security of Zamfara State,” the Defence Minister stated. “The provision of these armoured vehicles, surveillance drones, and other operational equipment will undoubtedly boost the morale and operational effectiveness of our troops and other security agencies on the ground. This is a commendable effort that should be emulated by others.”
The newly commissioned assets, which include multiple APCs and advanced surveillance drones, are expected to dramatically enhance the mobility, protection, intelligence-gathering, and rapid response capabilities of security forces, particularly in the state’s remote and difficult terrains where anti-banditry operations are ongoing.
In his remarks, Governor Lawal reiterated his administration’s steadfast commitment to being a reliable partner in the security architecture. He urged security agencies to deploy the new resources responsibly and effectively to safeguard lives and property.
The Federal Government, through the Ministry of Defence, reaffirmed its commitment to continuing and deepening such partnerships with state governments across the nation to strengthen coordination and resource allocation in the collective fight against insecurity.
The GCGMSI concluded its statement by urging other state governments to take a cue from Zamfara’s “bold and pragmatic” approach, affirming that such concrete support is vital for achieving lasting peace and security across Nigeria.
-
celebrity radar - gossips6 months agoWhy Babangida’s Hilltop Home Became Nigeria’s Political “Mecca”
-
society6 months agoPower is a Loan, Not a Possession: The Sacred Duty of Planting People
-
society5 months agoReligion: Africa’s Oldest Weapon of Enslavement and the Forgotten Truth
-
news6 months agoTHE APPOINTMENT OF WASIU AYINDE BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AS AN AMBASSADOR SOUNDS EMBARRASSING






You must be logged in to post a comment Login