The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the president’s resounding victory at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.
The Tribunal on Wednesday dismissed the petition by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in its entirety.
Lawan said, “The judgment of the tribunal has again put a judicial seal on the mandate freely given to the president by the Nigerian people in the February 23 presidential election.”
Lawan urged the President to accept the affirmation of his election as a reminder of the confidence of Nigerians in his capacity to continue to lead Nigeria towards its manifest destiny of greatness.
The Senate President said the Nigerian people have great expectations from the Next Level Agenda of the President and further pledged the full cooperation of the National Assembly with the Executive in the pursuit of the best interest of the Nigerian people.
Lawan also commended the petitioners for using the judicial window prescribed by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in seeking redress for their grievances and urged them to join hands with the government and the Nigerian people in the important task of nation-building.
Special Adviser on Media
to President of the Senate
Cover Of The Week
- European Investment Bank and UNICEF partner to help improve access to quality education and protect children from climate change January 27, 2020
- Handover ceremony of Japanese-Funded project “The Project for Improvement for the Educational Environment at Manhanga Primary School in Kariba District” January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks in recovery mode with Sydney looming January 27, 2020
- The U.S. Government and Federal Government of Somalia announce a New Effort to Promote Youth Workforce Development January 27, 2020
- The East African Community (EAC) - Business and Investment Forum – 12-13 March 2020, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania January 27, 2020
- Global Actors gather to forge a common front against Illicit Trade January 27, 2020
- United Nations (UN) Report Urges Accountability for Libya Airstrike Deaths January 27, 2020
- Equatorial Guinea joins support to Saudi Arabia’s readiness to react to Coronavirus’ impact on oil market January 27, 2020
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) Statement on continued violations of arms embargo in Libya January 27, 2020
- Rugby Union returns to Nigerian National Sports Festival January 27, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria