The Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun Wednesday expressed joy at the outcome of the verdict confirming the mandate of President Mohammadu Buhari.
“It is victory for Nigerians and democracy. It shows that while minority would always have their say, the majority would always have their way”, he said after the tribunal dismissed the case brought by the former vice president and candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.
“I am very proud of the Judiciary. They have again, for the umpteenth time demonstrated exemplary candour, courage and integrity for which modern democracies thrive,” the statement issued by Gov Abiodun’s Chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin said.
While urging Alh. Atiku Abubakar to accept the verdict as the voice of the people, Gov Abiodun reiterated conviction in the fact that power belongs to God who bestows it on whom He wishes.
He called on all democrats to support the Government of President Muhammadu Buhari, who has the divine mandate of God and endorsement of the people till 2023 to keep leading the country.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS