Lagos, Nigeria – Union Bank, proud co-sponsors of Team Nigeria to the Special Olympics World Games in Abu Dhabi, joined the Board and Members of Special Olympics (SO) Nigeria at a reception to welcome the team.
The 84-man delegation to the World Games was made up of 24 officials and 60 athletes who represented Nigeria in 8 sports categories including Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Football, Table-tennis, Volleyball, Swimming and Cycling, winning a total of 63 medals.
Speaking at the welcome reception, Mrs. Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem, the Head of Corporate Communications and Marketing at Union Bank congratulated the athletes and commended their hard work, resilience and resolve. She also applauded the efforts and dedication of the officials who worked extensively with the teams ahead of the competition.
According to her;
“Union Bank is proud of the longstanding relationship we have developed with Special Olympics Nigeria, a platform that is focused on three areas we are passionate about – Talent development, Sports and Inclusion.
As an institution committed to enabling people succeed, we are inspired by the team’s performance at the recent World Games, a testament to their hard work, determination and resilience.”
Union Bank has been a consistent supporter of Special Olympics Nigeria and Sports in general. In 2015, the Bank sponsored Team Nigeria to the Special Olympics World Games in Los Angeles. The Bank was also the official corporate sponsor of the Nigerian team to the last Olympic Games in Rio.
This partnership with Special Olympics Nigeria highlights Union Bank’s deep rooted support for inclusion and sports in Nigeria.
Cover Of The Week
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Awash Bank Partnership Expands $6.4 Million in Credit Opportunities to Agriculture Enterprises in Ethiopia December 13, 2019
- Kenya & Tanzania: Over 3 million people to benefit from African Development Bank’s €345 million road construction support December 13, 2019
- New ambassadors from Egypt, Kosovo and Montenegro December 13, 2019
- The Republic of Kenya’s National Day December 13, 2019
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .