Lagos, Nigeria – Union Bank, proud co-sponsors of Team Nigeria to the Special Olympics World Games in Abu Dhabi, joined the Board and Members of Special Olympics (SO) Nigeria at a reception to welcome the team.
The 84-man delegation to the World Games was made up of 24 officials and 60 athletes who represented Nigeria in 8 sports categories including Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Football, Table-tennis, Volleyball, Swimming and Cycling, winning a total of 63 medals.
Speaking at the welcome reception, Mrs. Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem, the Head of Corporate Communications and Marketing at Union Bank congratulated the athletes and commended their hard work, resilience and resolve. She also applauded the efforts and dedication of the officials who worked extensively with the teams ahead of the competition.
According to her;
“Union Bank is proud of the longstanding relationship we have developed with Special Olympics Nigeria, a platform that is focused on three areas we are passionate about – Talent development, Sports and Inclusion.
As an institution committed to enabling people succeed, we are inspired by the team’s performance at the recent World Games, a testament to their hard work, determination and resilience.”
Union Bank has been a consistent supporter of Special Olympics Nigeria and Sports in general. In 2015, the Bank sponsored Team Nigeria to the Special Olympics World Games in Los Angeles. The Bank was also the official corporate sponsor of the Nigerian team to the last Olympic Games in Rio.
This partnership with Special Olympics Nigeria highlights Union Bank’s deep rooted support for inclusion and sports in Nigeria.
OGUN JOB PORTAL HITS 25, 000 MARK
Stanbic IBTC: Impacting communities through CSI and employee volunteerism
ZENITH BANK RECORDS IMPROVED HALF YEAR 2019 RESULTS, WITH INTERIM DIVIDEND OF 30 KOBO PER SHARE
Reuben Okoya: The New Dawn in Bayelsa Politics
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Cover Of The Week
- Angola’s Path Forward for Security and Economic Development: Weapons Management and Humanitarian Demining August 19, 2019
- Equatorial Guinea petroleum minister continues Africa Gas Advocacy setting the stage for November Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) discussions August 19, 2019
- Ministerial gathering to shape Africa’s health agenda opens in Brazzaville August 19, 2019
- AFRICOM, Ghana Armed Forces Commence Africa Endeavor 2019 August 19, 2019
- USAID Administrator Mark Green's Meetings in the Democratic Republic of the Congo August 19, 2019
- South Sudan: Women humanitarians are honoured on World Humanitarian Day August 19, 2019
- #InsideHustle: Meet Kenyan who makes over 1000 USD a day from making film equipment in his home garage August 19, 2019
- U.S. Embassy, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), and iCog Labs Celebrate Youth Winners of SolveIT! 2019 August 19, 2019
- Progress at Last for Kingdom of Eswatini’s Energy Mix Dream (By: Koketso Lediga, Managing Director & Lead Consultant, Infra-Afrika Advisory, Sandton) August 19, 2019
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Gender and Climate Change Resilience August 19, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others