In an effort to consolidate on its impressive financial performances and market leadership across the financial services spectrum, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, a member of Standard Bank Group, has announced a number of Board appointments in some of its subsidiaries.
The appointments, which are expected to bring fresh thinking and ideas as well as energy into the Group’s operations, cut across the Stanbic IBTC Group, including Stanbic IBTC Bank, Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited, and Stanbic IBTC Insurance Brokers Limited.
Mr Adekunle Adedeji was promoted to the position of executive director Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, effective 22 February 2019. Mr Adedeji, who has over 20 years’ experience, is also Stanbic IBTC Group’s Chief Financial Officer. He had a similar experience with Stanbic Ghana. Adedeji has worked with Ernst & Young and belongs to several professional institutes, including the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
Mr Barend Johannes Kruger was appointed as a non-executive director for Stanbic IBTC Bank effective from 20 May 2019 following the receipt of all required regulatory approvals. Mr Kruger had previously been appointed to the board of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC in January 2019. Thus, he will now serve on both the HoldCo and the bank boards as a non-executive director. Mr Kruger is a chartered accountant with over 30 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
Also appointed to the board of the Bank, following regulatory approvals, was Ms Rabi Isma as an Independent non-executive director, effective from 09 May 2019. Ms Isma has extensive experience in the telecoms industry with 9Mobile and Etisalat Sri Lanka. She has previous worked for the British Council in Nigeria and served as special adviser to the governor of Kano State. Ms. Isma has multiple certifications and has attended several executive programmes, both at the Harvard and Michigan Ross Business Schools, United States of America.
Mrs Bunmi Dayo-Olagunju has been appointed Executive Director, Operations, for the Bank. Prior to this, Mrs. Dayo-Olagunju was Deputy Head of Operations and also previously served as Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited, the Group’s Asset Management subsidiary. She has over 20 years of hands-on experience in the financial services industry having worked in different capacities across the subsidiaries of Stanbic IBTC Group.
Similarly, Mr. Dele Sotubo replaced Mrs. Dayo-Olagunju as Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited effective 12 February 2019; Mr. Olumide Oyetan was appointed Executive Director, Investments, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited with effect from 1 March 2019; Mr. Charles Emelue was appointed Executive Director, Operations, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited on 1 April 2019 while Ms. Sakeenat Bakare was appointed Executive Director for Stanbic IBTC Insurance Brokers Limited, effective 26 February 2019.
These individuals are highly qualified and experienced to deliver results in their new roles. Commenting on the appointments, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Mr Yinka Sanni, said: “We are pleased to entrust these individuals with new responsibilities and look forward to benefiting immensely from their wealth of knowledge and experience as we enter the next phase of our growth. In filling these roles, we identified our priorities and these individuals fit into our growth objectives.”
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .