More shocking details have emerged in the ongoing imbroglio going on at the prestigious Federal Palace Hotel between the staffers and the management. Sahara Weekly’s check on Thursday, January 29, 2015 revealed that trouble started weeks back when the workers complained of poor working condition and paltry sum being paid as salary.
While speaking with us, some of the staffers complained that the management pay them like N60, 000 out of which they deduct illegal tax to the tune of N25, 000. Aside that, the management was deducting another N7, 500 from their salary since the last quarter of last year. According to them, when they challenged them, they claimed they have over paid them in years past and as such deducting that from their salary.
Another staffer revealed that it’s so sad that the management collected N7, 500 from them for identity card which ought to be a free service. We also learnt that most of the staff have health issues because they are always in the chiller but were denied basic amenities like tea or hot water. “I can tell you that we have lost about four staffers within the year (the names are withheld by us as a means of honoring the departed souls), and can you believe that their entitlement was just a month’s basic salary”
“That’s why we have decided to paralyzed activities here and since Tuesday the hotel has been shut down. Until they respond to our demands, we would allow them to operate.”
Meanwhile, checks by us revealed that the management has engaged the services of the Nigeria Police Force to help maintain law and order.
Investigation by us revealed that since the closure of the 5 star hotel on Tuesday, they have incurred a running loss of over N20million both financially and other wise as the casino too along with other activities were were grounded to a halt. The once bubbling hotel was as deserted as a graveyard.
On Thursday, January 30, 2015, we contacted the hotel management but they simply replied that they would get back to us. They claimed it’s not a conducive period for discussion now.
The Federal Palace Hotel is a 150-room hotel that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean, located in the commercial hub of Victoria Island in Lagos, Nigeria. Established in 1960 as the country’s premier international hotel, it was originally owned by the Victoria Beach Hotel, as part of the A. G. Leventis trading group.Considered “a landmark of the Lagos metropolis” the hotel is notable for having been the setting for the signing of Nigeria’s Declaration of Independence. it has been a Sun International property since 2007
Cover Of The Week
- B-roll: Interview with FIFA Council member Isha Johansen from Sierra Leone June 11, 2021
- Women's Premier Division R6 and First Division R1 Preview June 11, 2021
- South Sudan's former Petroleum Minister urges industry to stick with Cape Town by endorsing African Energy Week June 11, 2021
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated successfully launches US$350 million 10NC5 year Tier 2 Sustainability Notes June 11, 2021
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies digitally empowers the youth of Mthatha with the opening of their first Innovation and Digital Centre June 11, 2021
- Over 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Angola June 11, 2021
- New Humanitarian Hub to boost efficiency in delivering humanitarian assistance in Pibor, South Sudan June 11, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (10 June 2021) June 11, 2021
- Southwest State police trained on tackling gender-based violence June 11, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (10 June 2021) June 11, 2021
Politics7 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks