Prophet Akinyele Oluwatosin (aka Sure-Papa) is the Shepard in charge of the Celestial Church of Christ, Master Solution Parish, situated at Onitire Avenue, Abaranje, Ikotun.
Sahara Weekly caught up with the man of God as he bared his mind on sundry issues concerning his ministry, mentor and the Nigerian nation.
Prophet Akinyele started God’s work in 1989 under the tutelage of his elder brother, David, who was incidentally the first Prophet in the entire Akinyele family.
Then, he was assisting his brother as the coordinator of the choir until one fateful day when he went into a trance while playing the drums.
“As a young man who was not spiritually mature, it was church members who later told me that I had been in a trance for three days. After that experience, I came to realise that I had received the gift of prophecy. After my brother moved away from the Celestial Church to found a pentecostal ministry, I tried to move with him but the Holy Spirit stopped me. Eventually, God instructed me to start my own ministry with specific direction to commence a weekly programme tagged Solution Hour right from one of my bedrooms. The programme was largely interdenominational. Even Moslems joined us in prayers then.”
Based on further directions from God, Prophet Akinyele would later move to a new site when the population of members increased. Though the new site looked humanly unsuitable, the Holy Spirit encouraged him to remain there. The site was close to an Odua Peoples Congress tarmac where all sorts of ungodly events took place.
However, God would soon confirm to him, through a series of revelations, that he was in charge as some of the OPC members joined his church and became dedicated members.
“In 2015, we moved to our present site also by divine direction. One of the challenges we faced was that most of our members complained about distance due to the change of environment coupled with flooding which usually resulted from heavy downpour. In the face of all those challenges, God turned our worries to testimonies.”
For prophet Akinyele, challenges strengthen him, most especially because he was greatly inspired by the life and history of Prophet TB Joshua of the Synagogue, Church of All Nations.”
“The life of Prophet TB Joshua is a great source of inspiration to me. You can see how he started right from his village, Arigidi-Akoko in Ondo State. His story, just like the way Jesus was born in unknown Bethlehem, shows that God works in mysterious ways. Remember how he worked at menial jobs until he received God’s call for which he never lost focus. Today, we can all see where God has taken him to. TB Joshua is like the Jesus of this generation. In spite of the criticisms from different quarters, I believe they are in fulfilment of the scripture which states that a Prophet is without honour in his own home. The same happened to Jesus Christ. I have encountered Prophet TB Joshua in the Spirit and I can say it anywhere that he is a genuine man of God sent to lead God’s flock in an ungrateful and wicked world. I followed his recent revival in Nazareth and I am still dazed the the international impact it made. He remains my spiritual father and mentor even though I have never met him.
After watching the Nazareth meeting with Prophet TB Joshua on Emmanuel TV, prophet Akinyele told Sahara Weekly that, for six days, he went into fasting and prayers, asking God to endow him with greater anointing that would announce him to the larger world.
“God has never failed me. He has used me to raise two dead persons back to life. He has also raised a lame woman back to her feet through my ministry. I therefore have every cause to remain faithful, grateful and focused in the vineyard of God”, he concluded
TRAVEL GIANT PHEMNICK VISITS ORPHANAGE … CELEBRATES ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN NIGERIA
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others