Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. -Gail Devers
The above maxim aptly describes Phashyo the newest and the reigning sensation in the music industry. It didn’t just happen overnight for the muiti-talented Afropop, R&B artiste, song writer, Mix and Mastering Engineer. Phashyo has really burnt mid-candles, sacrified many things and above all ate his pride to be where he is today.
Christened Olayinka Oluwaseyi Adeshina Fashola aka Phashyo, a graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University where he obtained his first degree in Public Administration. For his love for arts and entertainment, Phashyo proceeded to National Broadcasting Academy to obtain a Certificate in Digital Studio Management, the experience he put at work at Eko FM (Eko Reel Mix) and Bond FM.
He started his music career 5years ago and dropped his first single ‘Some Senses’ last September and since then, this talented singer has remained a delight of every DJ and and also most wanted in upscale shows in Nigeria.
Not without some hurdles, Phashyo explained the road wasn’t that smooth at the beginning while relaying some challenges he faced as an upcoming artiste.
” It’s very difficult for any upcoming artistes to rise in an industry where we have the Davido, Wizkid and others who have dominated the industry. The trials, travails, ups and down, stormy weathers and sleepless nights before people would generally accept my kind of music. People and some DJs don’t give regards to upcoming artistes so they want to treat you like a mess.”
“I have been neglected at events many times by show organizers and stage managers but that won’t make me stop. I keep going for shows, recording good music and writing to labels and big brands to promote my songs. It’s been very hard but consistency is the key and I believe God has intervened and today things are beginning to take shape. I can’t run from challenges because challenges make success more sweeter. I’m already configured to pull down walls of Jericho standing before me.”
His singles, Some Senses, Expensive, BOBO is the latest one. Others are Holy Ghost Fire , Forbid, May Day which are all enjoying air play on radio stations across Nigeria.
On whose among female singers is his crush, a very blunt Phashyo didn’t hesitate to mention the two hottest figures in the industry.
“I like Tiwa Savage. Though I’ve not seen Tiwa before in person but she remains my number crush. I’ve been crushing on Niniola lately, I saw her in person though a bit far from me performing on stage. She was Wow! She got good character.”
“My fans should just follow me on my social media handles, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @phashyo.” And currently, Phashyo is assiduously working in the studio to shun out more singles and as well working towards featuring Davido and Wizkid on his coming singles.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS