By Ifeoma Ikem
A 39years old commercial bus driver,
Idowu Elegbede aka (Ifa) is cooling off his heels at Lagos State police command nets over defilement of his teenage step daughter .
The perpetrator,who drives within Palm-Groove /Somolu axis is married with two wives and is also known as a traditionalist in community.
It was gathered that the victim’s mother mate is the one taking responsibility of the victim due to her mother unstable condition.
The incident happened inside a primary school field (the name of school (withheld) where the suspect allegedly carried the act which is the next compound close to where he resides with his families in Bariga area of the state.
The social workers, Centre for community Rights advocacy for children and vulnerable persons network of Nigeria who reported the incident at the Bariga police station led by the coordinator for shomolu local government and founder of centre for community advocacy,Comrade Toyin Oknalawon (Oklah),said that the suspect was caught inside the school field premises by his neighbors who notice strange movement around 5.00am on 12th of August 2019.
Comr Toyin,said the suspect who was being watched by eagle eye due to his dubious act within the community especially towards the step daughter who’s mother is mentally drained before he finally take advantage of the girl on that faithful day.
Sahara weekly correspondent learnt that the perpetrator went ahead threatening the life of neighbors with his Ifa as a traditionalist why did they let the residents to know about what happened and instructed his wife to take the victim to Owode area of Ogun state to enable him cover the matter.
It was in the process that the centre for community Rights advocacy for children and vulnerable persons network of Nigeria got the information and reported to Bariga police station. Meanwhile the perpetrator have already send delegates to meet the coordinator,centre for community Rights advocacy for children and vulnerable persons network of Nigeria to plead on his behalf to drop the matter.
While he confessed that actually defiled the victim because he was drunk,never to do anything related to the act.
He was finally arrested early morning of Saturday by the DPO of Bariga and his team at about 5am and transferred to gender unit
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship