By Ifeoma Ikem
A 39years old commercial bus driver,
Idowu Elegbede aka (Ifa) is cooling off his heels at Lagos State police command nets over defilement of his teenage step daughter .
The perpetrator,who drives within Palm-Groove /Somolu axis is married with two wives and is also known as a traditionalist in community.
It was gathered that the victim’s mother mate is the one taking responsibility of the victim due to her mother unstable condition.
The incident happened inside a primary school field (the name of school (withheld) where the suspect allegedly carried the act which is the next compound close to where he resides with his families in Bariga area of the state.
The social workers, Centre for community Rights advocacy for children and vulnerable persons network of Nigeria who reported the incident at the Bariga police station led by the coordinator for shomolu local government and founder of centre for community advocacy,Comrade Toyin Oknalawon (Oklah),said that the suspect was caught inside the school field premises by his neighbors who notice strange movement around 5.00am on 12th of August 2019.
Comr Toyin,said the suspect who was being watched by eagle eye due to his dubious act within the community especially towards the step daughter who’s mother is mentally drained before he finally take advantage of the girl on that faithful day.
Sahara weekly correspondent learnt that the perpetrator went ahead threatening the life of neighbors with his Ifa as a traditionalist why did they let the residents to know about what happened and instructed his wife to take the victim to Owode area of Ogun state to enable him cover the matter.
It was in the process that the centre for community Rights advocacy for children and vulnerable persons network of Nigeria got the information and reported to Bariga police station. Meanwhile the perpetrator have already send delegates to meet the coordinator,centre for community Rights advocacy for children and vulnerable persons network of Nigeria to plead on his behalf to drop the matter.
While he confessed that actually defiled the victim because he was drunk,never to do anything related to the act.
He was finally arrested early morning of Saturday by the DPO of Bariga and his team at about 5am and transferred to gender unit
Germany-based writer, Nkiru Homann recounts life at almost 50, set to launch book
GTBank Releases Q3 2019 Unaudited Results…….. Reports Profit before tax of ₦170.7 Billion
FIRSTBANK HOSTS FINTECH SUMMIT 3.0
Ogun: Abiodun Offers Immediate Employment For Ilaro Polytechnic Best Graduating Student
Stakeholders task FG on economy
Cover Of The Week
- Scholarship for Orphaned Students October 16, 2019
- Concerned about their representation, Wau women seek strength in unity October 16, 2019
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Press Statement on the situation in Guinea-Bissau October 16, 2019
- Inauguration of the new living space at the French Residence with Roche Bobois October 16, 2019
- Elections in Tunisia October 16, 2019
- H.E. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland made official visit to Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- Hackathon Workshop on “Election” Challenge in Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- “Local Governments at the Forefront in the Fight against Climate Change in Africa” October 16, 2019
- The Ambassador of Kazakhstan presented letters of credence to the President of South Africa October 16, 2019
- On World Food Day, Government and United Nations highlight healthy diets in South Sudan October 16, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin