Lagos, NIGERIA – Union Bank has announced the secondedition of its annual education fair – Edu360, in line with its efforts to support education as a vital sector for Nigeria’s growth and development.
The three-day event themed, ‘Education Beyond Walls’will take place at the Union Bank Sports Centre in Surulere, Lagos from Thursday, 24th to Saturday, 26th of October, 2019, and will attract audiences across the education ecosystem including government officials, educators, parents and students.
Attendees will benefit from a robust programme lineup that includes talks, panel sessions, masterclasses, workshops and training sessions for teachers. There will also be immersive and interactive activities and learning sessions for students, including gaming classes, robotics and coding, acting clinics, and photography workshops.
The focus of the annual conference is to facilitate critical engagement between key stakeholders in the sector, provide essential teacher training for public school teachers and expose students across all education cadres to experiential and creative learning opportunities.
Speaking on the Edu360 initiative, the Chief Executive Officer of Union Bank, Emeka Emuwa said:
“Union Bank has been a leading advocate for education in Nigeria. Edu360 presents a platform to express our robust support for this key sector. Following the successful first edition last year, we realise that great ideas and collaboration are key to moving the education sector forward. We hope that the discussions and conversations at Edu360 2019 will unearth new ideas that will help build this very crucial sector.”
Edu360 was established in 2018 by Union Bank as a platform to rapidly accelerate access, quality and learning outcomes for Nigerian children and youth. The inaugural event drew over 3,000 delegates. This year, the event isexpected to attract 5,000 delegates and will feature an exhibition where service providers in the education sector will showcase their products and services.
Entry to the event is free and open to members of the public. Registration is ongoing at www.edu360.ng .
In 2017, Union Bank made a commitment to drive private sector engagement in delivering Nigeria’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the Next100 initiative; highlighting SDG 4 – Quality Education as one of the areas in which it intends to drive impact.
Between April and June this year, hundreds of teachersand school administrators in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt benefited from free training sessions organisedby Union Bank on the Edu360 platform, in a bid to boost the quality of education in Nigerian schools.
The Bank also recently organised the EdTech Challengeto discover, showcase and support innovative, cutting-edge technologies with the potential to transform Nigeria’s education system. During the entry period from July 30 toAugust 23, 2019, over 1,060 ideas were received. Finalists from the competition will be invited to pitch their ideas during Edu360, with the top three ideas receiving total funding support of N5,000,000.
Union Bank remains committed to supporting Nigeria’s growth by identifying and investing in sectors that are vital to shaping a better, more sustainable future for generations to come.
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria