This is not the best of times for veteran actress,Salome Eketunde as she just lost her mother , Ruth Bamidele Ikuenogban.
In a chat with us, the popular actress who is married to fellow actor, Femi Bright admitted she is yet to recover from the shock of the demise of her mother after losing her father same month six years ago.
In tears, she claimed that after her hubby, her mother is the next confidant she has but sadly she is no more .
“ Although she passed on at age 94, I felt like a part of me was gone because she was more than a mother to me”.
Speaking further, she revealed to us exclusively that the final burial ceremony of her late mother would be held on 13th, December , 2019 at Onos Event center in Lagos.
It would be recalled that Veteran actress, Salome Eketunde, who is popularly known as “Fijabi” started her journey into the movie industry over 3 decades ago as a dancer, musician and costumier. Later she discovered her talents in acting and joined the movie industry. Her role in the movie “Fijabi” shot her to the limelight.
She featured both in English and Yoruba movies and soap operas and her lead role in the popular soap Civilian Barracks proved that she is indeed a raw talent and her actor Hubby, Femi Bright has always been supportive to her thriving career.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 13 July 2020 July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 595 new cases of COVID-19 Nigeria July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (12th July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: NiCaDe activities to support COVID-19 response in Nigeria July 13, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Launches Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures in Green Energy Startup Incubator – Call for Applications Announced July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update for South Africa (12 July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Induction of Rapid Response Vehicles for COVID-19 response in Kenya July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Sudan: UNMISS donates COVID-19 personal protection equipment to South Sudanese police July 13, 2020
- International Labour Organization (ILO) Global Summit builds commitment to create better world of work after COVID-19 July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 13 July 2020 July 13, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized4 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education1 month ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries