From Edo Elvis, Benin
The Edo State Joint Security Taskforce at the weekend raided the Upper Sakponba area of Benin City and combed riverine communities, leading to the arrest of suspected kidnappers terrorising the state.
The suspected kidnappers, comprising seven males, were arrested around Ogbemudia oil palm plantation on Saturday, barely 24 hours after the taskforce kicked into action.
Prior to the operation, General Officer Commanding 2 Division, Major General Omozoje, had intimated Governor Godwin Obaseki on their activity in the state, promising to bring a halt to the recent rise in criminality and lend support to efforts at capturing fleeing escapees from the two federal correctional facilities in Benin City, the state capital.
Maj. Gen. Omozoje also met with heads of security agencies in the state, making a case on the need for synergy among the agencies with a view to restoring peace and order in the state.
On their operations in the riverine communities and other hotspots, he said: “Troops of the 4 brigade are on clearance operation at suspected kidnappers hideouts at Ogbemudia oil palm plantation and the river behind it. We intend to disrupt all kidnapping activities along the axis and secure the Benin-Auchi Expressway.”
He also noted that several escaped prisoners and criminal gang leaders have been arrested, as the taskforce is focused on ensuring a reduction in crime in Benin metropolis and environs.
He added that he is in synergy with the Commander 4 Brigade, Brig. Gen. UM Bello, and the Assistant Inspector General (AIG), Zone 5, Mr. Sola Davis.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (29 November 2020) November 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (29th November 2020) November 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 updates (29 November 2020) November 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily status update (29th November 2020) November 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 Update (29 November 2020) November 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (29 November 2020) November 30, 2020
- As South Africa reopens, Africa Oil & Power welcomes Investors to Africa’s Energy Event in 2021 November 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (29 November 2020) November 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 Update (29 November 2020) November 30, 2020
- Don’t Underestimate the Power of Natural Gas to Transform Africa (By NJ Ayuk) November 30, 2020
Politics4 days ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro3 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports3 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi