The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed that the state government in its resolve to make the health sector in the state an envy of all, has approved the importation of some vital medical equipments that the state hospital lacks, adding that he has approved the importation of the medical equipments for the use of the people of the state.
Prince Abiodun who made this known at the induction of 30 new members and his investiture as the Honorary Patron of the Abeokuta Club, said that his administration would continue to do everything in its capacity to ensure that government owned hospitals have the necessary equipments needed for its operation and discharge of its duties to the people of the state.
” The Ijaye Hospital was brought to my attention that they lack some very key and vital medical equipments, only last week, I approved and authorized the importation of those equipments,” he said.
Abiodun also noted that his government would not allow any existing investment from the last administration in the state be abandoned, adding that the state government has remodeled and rehabilitated one of the model schools situated in Kobape as one of the three Tech Hubs being planned for the three senatorial districts of the state with the promise that the tech hubs would be an incubation center for entrepreneurs, capacity building, wealth creation,among others.
” Few days ago, I commissioned one of the three Ogun State Tech Hubs, the first one is located here in Kobape, Abeokuta, the other two senatorial districts will also have one each, what is important here is that this facilities was abandoned , was initially meant for a different project that was no longer considered visible by the initiator,we have since rehabilitated and remodeled it to become the first Ogun State Tech Hub in the state, the hub will promote innovation, it will be an incubation center for entrepreneurs, capacity building, wealth creation and employment generation.
” This is to demonstrate our resolve that any existing investment of our commonwealth that offers benefit to all will not be abandoned and that development will be equitably and fairly spread across the state,” he said.
On ongoing projects in the Senatorial district,Abiodun said that the state government has commenced the construction of the Adigbe-Opako bridge, which has being a perpetual problem for the people in the area, adding that the state has also begun the construction of the Obantoko road to resolve the perennial traffic holdup on the road as well the commencement of a two hundred low income housing project in Ibara as well as a 50 unit mid-high income hosing project in Oke- Mosan.
Abiodun also said that his government in collaboration with his Lagos State counterpart is on the verge of having a Lagos-Ogun Joint Development Commission that would look at areas of infrastructure, physical planning, taxes, security and other areas that are of importance to the two states, adding that they have both written to President Buhari to release the Ikorodu- Sagamu and Lagos- Ota- Abeokuta roads to them, with a view to commercialize the roads and get into a Public Private Partnership agreement with organizations that are willing to join in the development drive.
On his engagement with the Abeokuta Club on the issues facing the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and the Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abiodun said he believed that appropriate lessons have being derived from the state governments approach and the importance of open communication and inclusiveness, adding that the stand of his government on the setting up committees was to review and advise government on issues, thus, allowing government focus its energy on other key areas of governance.
He congratulated the club for the investiture program, saying that the club has grown to become one of the most prestigious social clubs in the country, adding that Abeokuta Club was not just a platform of social interaction for Egba sons and daughters, but a melting point for ideas that as impacted positively on the state.
In his welcome address, the president of the club, Engr. Tokunbo Odebunmi, said that the clubs website as being upgraded to a status that allows members to update their profile and do payments online, adding that the club is poised to be active on the social media.
The Alake and paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, thanked the new members on their investiture, urging them to respect the norms and value of the club, adding that the members should assist each other, as fingers are not equal.
The evening saw the investiture of the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun as the Honorary Patron of the club,as well as the investiture of thirty other members.
Cover Of The Week
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Awash Bank Partnership Expands $6.4 Million in Credit Opportunities to Agriculture Enterprises in Ethiopia December 13, 2019
- Kenya & Tanzania: Over 3 million people to benefit from African Development Bank’s €345 million road construction support December 13, 2019
- New ambassadors from Egypt, Kosovo and Montenegro December 13, 2019
- The Republic of Kenya’s National Day December 13, 2019
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .