Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, says all uncompleted project started by the immediate past administration that has direct impart on the socio-economic well-being of the people, will be completed, as his governernment is not out for vendatta.
Prince Abiodun who gave this indication at the launch of Ogun TechHUB along Kobape Road, Abeokuta, said his administration could afford to abandon the projects as they were executed with public fund.
“I want to use this opportunity to assure our people that we will not abandon any project that has direct benefit to the people. Those projects were done with the people’s money. We will ensure their completion because we are not interested in vendatta”, he Said.
He said the TechHUB underscored his administration resolve to digitally transform the State, just as the centre woul form a platform for incubating ideas that would profer solution s to human problems.
The Governor said similar centres would established in the other two Senatorial Districts, expressing the hope that technology develop at the centre would attract foreign exchange to the State and nation.
While calling on the people, especially the youths to take maximum advantage of the Programme, the Governor said an advisory council would be constituted for the TechHUB, calling on well to do individuals and corporate bodies to partner the State government in achieving it set goals.
Speaking earlier, the Special Adviser on Information Technology, Mr. Dayo Abiodun said the centre would serve as place where technologists, government, impact investors and others in and around Ogun State would use of information technology fo find new solutions to various social problems in Nigeria.
The President, Nigeria Computer Society, Professor Adesi a Sodiya, said the centre would help in building capacity and skills for sustainable development, adding that the centre would launch the State into global stage.
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .