Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, says all uncompleted project started by the immediate past administration that has direct impart on the socio-economic well-being of the people, will be completed, as his governernment is not out for vendatta.
Prince Abiodun who gave this indication at the launch of Ogun TechHUB along Kobape Road, Abeokuta, said his administration could afford to abandon the projects as they were executed with public fund.
“I want to use this opportunity to assure our people that we will not abandon any project that has direct benefit to the people. Those projects were done with the people’s money. We will ensure their completion because we are not interested in vendatta”, he Said.
He said the TechHUB underscored his administration resolve to digitally transform the State, just as the centre woul form a platform for incubating ideas that would profer solution s to human problems.
The Governor said similar centres would established in the other two Senatorial Districts, expressing the hope that technology develop at the centre would attract foreign exchange to the State and nation.
While calling on the people, especially the youths to take maximum advantage of the Programme, the Governor said an advisory council would be constituted for the TechHUB, calling on well to do individuals and corporate bodies to partner the State government in achieving it set goals.
Speaking earlier, the Special Adviser on Information Technology, Mr. Dayo Abiodun said the centre would serve as place where technologists, government, impact investors and others in and around Ogun State would use of information technology fo find new solutions to various social problems in Nigeria.
The President, Nigeria Computer Society, Professor Adesi a Sodiya, said the centre would help in building capacity and skills for sustainable development, adding that the centre would launch the State into global stage.
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS